The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2887
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1685
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35958 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by Slogger @ 44 minutes 24 seconds ago

Posted on his Facebook page and Messaged him. I don't know if that did it, but the link is now working and he is currently in Langdale.
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by Harland @ Today at 05:16 PM

I can't either but I was just comparing where he was since I last looked.
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by Slogger @ Today at 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: HarlandHe seems to be making good time although I don't know what time he set off. I can't get that link to work, it's just showing the map with a balloon at near Wasdale Head, not the usual SPOT tracking balloons.
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by Harland @ Today at 12:12 PM

He seems to be making good time although I don't know what time he set off.
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by Slogger @ Yesterday at 11:26 AM

Good luck Mick, it will certainly be a learning experience. Re the route from Sty Head to Sprinkling Tarn, that will almost all be a carry too, until you reach the better path leading past EsK Hause. I will be tracking you with interest. I have been
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by Harland @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

Link works at the moment. If this is where you live I see that there is good open countryside outside your door.
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by lightweightmick @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

All packed up and ready for the off! Thursday morning planned start. Hope this link works... http://www.followmee.com/mapx.aspx?token=343320d9-77ee-4e1b-a31e-c7bbbc697e69 (When out of signal I think device stores data and transmits when a signal
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by lightweightmick @ 17/07/18 08:54 AM

oops, that 2nd Day 2 should of course read Day3... Thanks Harland... it's a complete unknown, but as Dave once said - 'If you knew you could do it, it wouldn't be a challenge'... Yes, agreed. Surprising that this site still gets the amount of visit
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by Harland @ 16/07/18 02:12 PM

Good luck, trust that all goes well. Disappointing that I presume that no new members are allowed now because of trolls, or whatever the word is. A pity as I am sure that many people (potential Sherpa customers) that are contemplating these walks w
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by lightweightmick @ 16/07/18 01:25 PM

If anyone's interested, or just Harland, I'll be using a phone tracker app. this time - as a test here's yesterday's effort: FollowMee link for Sun 15/7 ...the balloon icons clearly closer together on the walked section after crossing the A57. I r
The Coast to Coast walk
Jump to new posts Re: BikeHike Plans afoot... by lightweightmick @ 15/07/18 12:11 AM

I knew it... typical! - looks like I'll be getting wet then and with no spare dry clothes... might need to get a bar bag as I'm struggling for pack space as it is. Lightning not good on tops carring an aluminium bike either... Thanks for that though.

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917