Slogger is slogging it !!

Posted by: loftypurvis

Slogger is slogging it !! - 01/08/14 06:52 PM

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0eH342P1H57gpSYZmQsXX86duc2mEuagN Almost at Grassmere, he set off 10 hours ago, live link to his GPS above.
Posted by: lightweightmick

Re: Slogger is slogging it !! - 01/08/14 09:28 PM

Welcome back Lofty!

Re: Slogger is slogging it !! - 01/08/14 09:33 PM

Cheers Mick ! Its been a long time! I moved to Wales to be amongst it all ! I walked 10 miles in 2 and half years !! Back now and Ive left control freak in Wales where she belongs haha !!
Posted by: lightweightmick

Re: Slogger is slogging it !! - 01/08/14 09:49 PM

No... is this just temporary like? Breathing space?

Re: Slogger is slogging it !! - 02/08/14 07:44 AM

This is very permanent ! So Im going to do what I asked you about 3 or 4 years ago, Im going to explore the Peak district, get my little legs back to fitness again and get back into it. I havnt worn my walking boots in about 2 and a half years !
Posted by: Slogger

Re: Slogger is slogging it !! - 04/08/14 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: loftypurvis
This is very permanent ! So Im going to do what I asked you about 3 or 4 years ago, Im going to explore the Peak district, get my little legs back to fitness again and get back into it. I havnt worn my walking boots in about 2 and a half years !

Well good for you. I am fortunate enough to have a wife, who although has some health issues, understands that I have a passion for the outdoor things that I do, and the need to do them. I know too many guys who are hardly let out of their partners sight and two friends who would love to go on a multi day walk with me but daren't even mention the thought of it to their other half. I just don't think that is fair. Live and let live, we are not joined at the hip, we may be married or in a partnership, but we are all still very much individuals and as long as our responsibilities are taken care of, we all need a little occasional space.
Dave.
Posted by: Redlesweb

Re: Slogger is slogging it !! - 12/08/14 05:39 AM

Welcome back to the world of walking Lofty smile As for partners being non too impressed with going out into the hills, it's not just guys who yearn to be out there. I just wish my husband loved the outdoors the same way I did. Ach well.