Christmas prezzies

Posted by: midgetarget

Christmas prezzies - 07/12/09 11:44 PM

So, the Christmas Season fast approaches....

What do you really want Santa to drop down your chimney?

midgetarget
Posted by: slowcoach

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 07:40 AM

My mother in law ..... whilst the fire is still .........
Posted by: Geo

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: slowcoach
My mother in law ..... whilst the fire is still .........

laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: Janice & Rottie

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 01:52 PM

A magic potion so that my rott and I can get back into the fells. I am still struggling very much with my knee and Teazle, my dog, had a cruciate repair last week. Christmas is going to be a pretty depressing time for us both.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 04:11 PM

Sorry Janice ... I don't want to hijack this thread, but could you tell me if there is parking at the end of the small road that leads south westish from Coniston and ends at the track to Walna Scar.
Posted by: Lounge Lizard

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Janice & Rottie
A magic potion so that my rott and I can get back into the fells. I am still struggling very much with my knee and Teazle, my dog, had a cruciate repair last week. Christmas is going to be a pretty depressing time for us both.

They say time's a great healer, so let's all hope that as the days soon start getting longer you both will start feeling better.
Posted by: tim smith

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Lounge Lizard

They say time's a great healer, so let's all hope that as the days soon start getting longer you both will start feeling better.

lets hope things can only get Better
Posted by: Reluctanttrucker

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 09:50 PM

They can't get any worse.....can they? Roll on May.Then June.
May gets rid of this Government.....June gets me on the long walk

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 10:04 PM

C'mon MT. You still believe in Father Christmas?
I dunno. the things people believe in these days.
You'll be saying the Earths not FLAT next.
Cheez
Posted by: lightweightmick

Re: Christmas prezzies - 08/12/09 10:20 PM

Deer SaNta,
I wud like a PHD Minim Ultra +8 degrees down bag
and a PHD Ultra down Vest
and a pair of Inov8 Roclite 390 GTX boots
oh and a Terra Nova Laser 20L pack
I no its short notice but iv bin gud this yeer,
yours
lwm xxx

Re: Christmas prezzies - 09/12/09 07:37 AM

Course the Earth's not flat. There's Scafell, and Skiddaw, and Dollywagon and ............... (I couldn't spell Hellvellin, Helvel ... hellyvle... )

Re: Christmas prezzies - 09/12/09 11:04 AM

Sorry Janice ... I don't want to hijack this thread, but could you tell me if there is parking at the end of the small road that leads south westish from Coniston and ends at the track to Walna Scar.

Hi Slowcoach, yes there is parking at Fell Gate which is at the start of the Walna Scar track. Just take the little steep road past Usher's Joinery on Station Road and keep going until you reach the gate. With all the recent flooding the parking area is a bit rough in parts, but it saves a steep climb on foot (unless you are aware of easier routes which of course I am). Enjoy !!!

Re: Christmas prezzies - 09/12/09 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: tim smith

lets hope things can only get Better

Oh, no, that reminds me of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDMJHYKrHNA

Re: Christmas prezzies - 09/12/09 01:32 PM

Lounge Lizard, access is blocked to U Tube here at work. Since I don't have internet connection at home...please enlighten me !!!

Re: Christmas prezzies - 09/12/09 02:06 PM

Lounge Lizard, access is blocked to U Tube here at work. Since I don't have internet connection at home...please enlighten me !!!

A spoof remix of Tomy Blair at a party conference saying the words of that campaign song 'things can only get better'.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 09/12/09 03:10 PM

Thanks Janice. Much appreciated!
Posted by: mickey

Re: Christmas prezzies - 12/12/09 06:09 PM

I really wanted the Mountain Equipment Kongur MRT jacket for crimbo. However, the desire to swan about in it up Scafell looking the business was offset by the worry that if ever I came a cropper and had to call out the MRT boys I'd have to put up with all the "Nice jackt mate" jibes I'd get while being stretchered down frown

Re: Christmas prezzies - 12/12/09 07:42 PM

They would probably be absolutely gobsmacked to come across a proper fell-walker wearing pukka walking gear actually on the fells. Berghaus, Rohan, Craghopper, Palamo etc etc by the hundreds in the streets of Keswick, Ambleside and Conistone. Out on the fells? Trainers, holey jeans and pacamacs. And that's just the sheep!
Posted by: mickey

Re: Christmas prezzies - 12/12/09 08:31 PM

Have to admit last time I was in the Lakes in November everyone in Ambleside was dripping in North Face, Paramo and Rab, but there was nary a soul up on the tops... go figure.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 13/12/09 07:16 AM

In respect of Wainwright and to keep his traditions on the Coast to Coast path surely you should do the walk in a raincoat.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 13/12/09 11:20 AM

In respect of Wainwright and to keep his traditions on the Coast to Coast path surely you should do the walk in a raincoat.

I were onlygonna wear a vest n pants.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 13/12/09 05:56 PM

Phew, until I saw your name I thought that it might have been Ruth who had posted it. I was about to warn the sheep!
Posted by: ruth020989

Re: Christmas prezzies - 13/12/09 10:19 PM

have tricker and odin got some sort of double act going on here??

i suspect they are one and the same... alter egos...tricker the 'mag' and odin the 'mage'....joined as 'magwitch'

Re: Christmas prezzies - 13/12/09 10:29 PM

Odin here!

I'm having a bad day today I'm afraid. A nice sunny forecast developed into a miserable wet day and I was working out in a remote area.

I misunderstood RT's post. I thought that vest and pants were being used as nouns .... hence my response. I now realise "pants" is used as a verb. Humble apologies!

PS Hello .... we must both be posting together. How friendly.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 15/12/09 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: ruth020989
have tricker and odin got some sort of double act going on here??

i suspect they are one and the same... alter egos...tricker the 'mag' and odin the 'mage'....joined as 'magwitch'

Nobody in a right mind would think of me as Odin
Thor! Yes.
I have been able to make Thunder for years.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 15/12/09 08:35 PM

If you're Thor you should try .......... (no, even I can't bring myself to carry on this old one)

Re: Christmas prezzies - 16/12/09 08:37 PM

I wouldn't mind Santa dropping Julia Bradbury down my chimney. She could then tell me how she walks the Coast to Coast without breaking a sweat or getting a hair out of place!
Wooooo! Some people got it all...huh!

midgetarget
Posted by: rjb1978

Re: Christmas prezzies - 17/12/09 12:39 AM

I'd be doing a bit more than asking her mundane questions tbh.

congrats to lounge lizard on his 2000th post, still waiting for an interesting one mind.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 17/12/09 09:00 AM

That's a mite unfair on the poor chap. He did, in fact, make one highly thought provoking and relevant post (about number 235 I believe). Unfortunately, it was so motivational that everyone kept on at him to make another inspirational one. This became so wearing that he decided against making another.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 17/12/09 11:08 PM

That's a mite unfair on the poor chap. He did, in fact, make one highly thought provoking and relevant post (about number 235 I believe). Unfortunately, it was so motivational that everyone kept on at him to make another inspirational one. This became so wearing that he decided against making another.

alas poor LL we knew him well.
We shall miss his you tube ing.
They say: when you reach 2000 posts you must give yourself to the hillside.
Some say: He hears better than a bat,and that his bootys were made for walking and no one knows his real name.
All we know is; He is the Lounge Lizard.

Re: Christmas prezzies - 18/12/09 09:29 AM

I didn't know you liked Kipling

Personally though, I've never kippled!

Re: Christmas prezzies - 18/12/09 09:44 AM

So, are you saying you're not a proper walker until you've walked the Coast to Coast in your vest and pants?

midgetarget