Ordnance Survey Maps

Posted by: Harland

Ordnance Survey Maps - 02/10/14 07:21 PM

Just a reminder to look on EBay. I have just got the 2 Explorer maps I need for the Pembrokeshire Coast Path that I am planning of doing next year for 7.29 including postage.
Posted by: Les + Heidi

Re: Ordnance Survey Maps - 06/10/14 10:52 AM

Hi Harland,
Are they brand new or used ? I guess thats less than half price so a nice result.
Les

Re: Ordnance Survey Maps - 20/10/14 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Les + Heidi
Hi Harland,
Are they brand new or used ? I guess thats less than half price so a nice result.
Les

Sorry for delay in responding I've been away in the sun! If there hadn't been a very slight bend in one of the cardboard covers I would have classified them as "new" although they were sold as "used" - my ones after a day out walking don't look that good! Although I usually tend to copy them and leave the original maps at home.

Re: Ordnance Survey Maps - 20/10/14 03:35 PM

Thats a result then, Im still trying to find the best way of getting maps printed / copied without having to buy them. I have a good collection of may favorite areas now in 1:25k but Im plotting and end to end route and dont want to purchase every one brand new if I can help it !

Re: Ordnance Survey Maps - 20/10/14 03:44 PM

My library has all of the OS maps that can be borrowed which was a great help when I was planning my (failed) attempt at LEJOG. In the end I already had the SWCP, OD, PW, WHW, GGW guides so all I had to plan was the bits in between. That is when I bought my SATMAP so I didn't have to carry the maps. In practice however I did carry copies of the bits I needed that my wife would post to me as required. I could have cut down the maps and made small strip maps relying on the SATMAP but I didn't! Full of good intentions to cut back on weight but......

Re: Ordnance Survey Maps - 20/10/14 10:11 PM

I have a Satmap too with complete UK at 50K but as I'd be camping most nights Im not convinced Id have power all the time to rely on it (I normally keep it as a back up if I get myself lost !)
My library has the maps but only 1:50K mot 1:25K. Id like to photo copy a strip of the route on both side a thin guage paper if I can access the 25K. Using online resources to do the same isnt so easy either. As you say, good intentions !