Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright

Posted by: UpHillDownDale

Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 14/07/05 08:50 PM

Does anyone have any information about how Chris Wright (Canada, ex Nottinghamshire)mananged on the Lyke Wake Walk last Saturday (9 July)?

He plans to start the C2C next week, so hopefully he will have recovered by then.

I will be walking with him from Keld to Reeth on 29 July and I understand Nimrod plans to walk a day on the NYM with him.
Posted by: Nimrod

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 08/08/05 07:56 PM

Hi
I walked with Chris for a few miles last Monday and he had completed the Lyke Wake Run,which had not sapped his energy to do the C2C. I last saw him at Clay Bank,so hopefully we will hear from him when he gets back to the Yukon.
Nimrod
Posted by: argonaut

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 08/08/05 08:07 PM

Sorry not being funny in any way, but who is Chris Wright.???

Have asked this before and got a rather facetious reply.
Posted by: canmal

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 08/08/05 09:24 PM

Chris comes from the Yukon? He hasn't posted in a while. I believe the first time he did the C2C he didn't finish...knees?? He did have a real interesting post re getiing navigationally challenged around Greenup Edge. Can't find his postings as the search doesn't seem to work.

Chris..where are you?

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 08/08/05 10:20 PM

AH yes, i remember the post now.

Lets hope its a better Finale this time around.
CHEERS for that, CANMAL
Posted by: UpHillDownDale

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 08/08/05 10:36 PM

You have an excellent memory canmal. Chris is the principal of a school in the Yukon. I met him in 2002 when he had to pack in at Osmotherley.

I met him a week or so ago and walked from Keld to Reeth and I know that Nimrod met him at Lordstones and walked to Clay Bank with him. I am sure he will have completed the C2C last week.

He told me that he did complete the Lyke Wake, on one of the hottest days of the years in just less than 12 hours.

He is a very affable and interesting chap should you have the good fortune to meet him.

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 09/08/05 04:59 PM

There have been four replies to this question - where are they?
Nimrod

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 09/08/05 06:47 PM

They are just above yours....
No 1 argonaut... Sorry not being funny in any way, but who is Chris Wright.???
Have asked this before and got a rather facetious reply.

No 2 canmal.. Chris comes from the Yukon? He hasn't posted in a while. I believe the first time he did the C2C he didn't finish...knees?? He did have a real interesting post re getiing navigationally challenged around Greenup Edge. Can't find his postings as the search doesn't seem to work.
Chris..where are you?

No 3 argonaut... AH yes, i remember the post now.
Lets hope its a better Finale this time around.
CHEERS for that, CANMAL

No 4.UpHillDownDale... You have an excellent memory canmal. Chris is the principal of a school in the Yukon. I met him in 2002 when he had to pack in at Osmotherley.
I met him a week or so ago and walked from Keld to Reeth and I know that Nimrod met him at Lordstones and walked to Clay Bank with him. I am sure he will have completed the C2C last week.

He told me that he did complete the Lyke Wake, on one of the hottest days of the years in just less than 12 hours.

He is a very affable and interesting chap should you have the good fortune to meet him.

NIMROD,..Thats the best i can do for you. hope you can see them.

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 11/08/05 08:04 PM

Why can I not see anymore replies to this posting?
Nimrod
Posted by: rockwalker

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 11/08/05 09:16 PM

new glasses???????????????? [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 12/08/05 03:29 PM

Can anyone else read the other postings on this subject - the only one I have is the original posting.
Nimrod
[email protected]

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 15/08/05 08:27 PM

At last - I can read them all.
Nimrod

Re: Lyke Wake Walk and Chris Wright - 15/08/05 09:08 PM

Sent you an "E" mail, should have read them before now. [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/confused.gif[/img]