Forum

Posted by: flying scot

Forum - 19/07/08 06:42 PM

What happened to the forums recently?? I was unable to access and thought Sherpa had pulled theplug on it?????.
Posted by: peter1945

Re: Forum - 20/07/08 04:17 AM

Don't know, but at least it is up and running now.
Cheers.
Posted by: Nimrod

Re: Forum - 20/07/08 03:23 PM

I was getting worried that it had closed down without warning!
Nimrod
Posted by: Slogger

Re: Forum - 20/07/08 07:53 PM

Looks like Sherpa have recently revamped their website, must have been something to do with that.
Dave
Posted by: landryrk

Re: Forum - 20/07/08 11:28 PM

Sherpa admin told me that the forum site had been hacked.
Posted by: noj

Re: Forum - 21/07/08 07:58 AM

Our ISP closed down our site and hence the forum because someone had hacked the forum and placed some cgi scripts that ran cvontinuously and had the effect of causing the server on to run very slowly. As you can seethe situation is now resoved.
Posted by: Harland

Re: Forum - 21/07/08 09:47 AM

NOJ, thank you. We all missed the site, I know that we should have been out walking.
Posted by: Lounge Lizard

Re: Forum - 12/08/08 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: noj
Our ISP closed down our site and hence the forum because someone had hacked the forum and placed some cgi scripts that ran cvontinuously and had the effect of causing the server on to run very slowly. As you can seethe situation is now resoved.

How splendid it is to see the forum up and running properly again, and now with the added bonus of a "Top Posters" feature.
Is there any truth in the rumour that Sherpa will make a special award in recognition of their outstanding service to anyone who achieves a thousand postings?
Posted by: tim smith

Re: Forum - 12/08/08 04:52 PM

L.L,
you look as though you will be in line for the award.
ern
Posted by: Oldun

Re: Forum - 13/08/08 07:58 AM

Well another day has been born bright and clear. Barometric pressure has gone back up to the "hot and sunny" levels, sky is a cloudless bright blue with a temperature of "14.3 C" ????!!!!

Hells bells, I am walking around with shorts on and duck pimples on my goose bumps.

Will be off out today to see the world either on my mountain bike or on foot.

(Will this get me any closer to the 10000 postings?)

Re: Forum - 13/08/08 01:03 PM

Hi Oldun,
if it does not get closer to a 1,000 posting's the walking and mountain biking will keep you fit, the sun shining here after i have sent this i am just off to the shop a mile there and a mile back, i think that will be the limit of my exercise for to-day,

Re: Forum - 13/08/08 01:07 PM

Hi Oldun,
if it does not get closer to a 1,000 posting's the walking and mountain biking will keep you fit, the sun shining here after i have sent this i am just off to the shop a mile there and a mile back, i think that will be the limit of my exercise for to-day,
by the way had a word with the son about transfering to Switzerland
he did not seem keen, maybe when he retires
ern