maps and books for offas dyke

Posted by: Anonymous

maps and books for offas dyke - 01/04/04 05:23 AM

Hi, Planning to do the offas dyke walk in may, would like opinions if the two books by arum press are adequate for the walk or do we need to buy all 7 Landranger O.S maps at 6 pounds each. Alan and Anne Perth W.a.
Posted by: KevinD

Re: maps and books for offas dyke - 01/04/04 04:15 PM

You should have no problem just using the two books (which contain stripmaps of the route).

Landranger maps don't really give enough detail for the walk.
Posted by: KevinD

Re: maps and books for offas dyke - 01/04/04 04:23 PM

Oh, one extra thought. You need to check that you can find your accommodation at the end of the day. If itís not covered by the strip map in the guide book. Get directions before you set off, or take another map.

(Obvious really, but I thought I'd mention it)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: maps and books for offas dyke - 03/04/04 06:12 AM

Hi thanks Kevin for your imfo re the maps and the books, have ordered the two books, we did the C2C without too much troble and can find our way in the Aussi bush so should be right. Cheers, Alan and Anne W.A
Posted by: McD

Re: maps and books for offas dyke - 04/05/04 06:08 PM

Alan & Anne,

When in May are you going? My husband & I are planning a mid-May walk; we're only walking the southern half, though, due to time constraints. We've located an abundance of info on the internet, as you probably have as well. But, if you want to exchange info/links/etc. let me know.

Best wishes on your walk!