maps

Posted by: Anonymous

maps - 13/03/04 07:29 PM

I'm planning to walk the Dales way in May.
Experience form previous walks makes me want to talk a set of as large scale maps as possible with me. I know the 1:50000 landraranger series but am interested in any info on anything more detailed.

Lots of coments on diificult route finding west of M6 so any suggetsions in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Tony
Tony
Posted by: lightweightmick

Re: maps - 13/03/04 11:11 PM

My cup runneth...
See last post... da, dah...
1:25 000 (2.5 inches to one mile) inc. in Antony Burton Guide... what day is it..?
Shows all dem tiny details... inc. shake holes... shake holes Mo Fo... what be shake holes? Shake, shake Mo FO shake!
Posted by: The silent assasin

Re: maps - 15/03/04 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony key:
I'm planning to walk the Dales way in May.
Experience form previous walks makes me want to talk a set of as large scale maps as possible with me. I know the 1:50000 landraranger series but am interested in any info on anything more detailed.

Lots of coments on diificult route finding west of M6 so any suggetsions in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Tony
Tony

Hi Tony,Try the route guide and dalesway hand book available from The Dalesway Association.I walked the way mainly using the sketch maps in the route guide but occaisionaly referring to the relevent land rangers.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: maps - 01/04/04 07:39 PM

Hi Tony

Have a look at my post under Guidebooks. We used the line maps in the Gemmell/Speakman guide which are very clear with stiles, landmarks etc shown, and drawn to 2.5 ins to the mile. We took OS maps too as backup.