Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead?

Posted by: HikeMania

Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead? - 30/08/06 03:53 PM

We're making our final plans for our September Dales Way walk, and would like to hear comments, please, from anyone who has stayed at the Station Inn recently. I seem to recall reading (on this forum) that the Inn had changed hands sometime within the last few months, but I can't find the comments. Of course any transition can be difficult at first, and that's understandable, but I assume that things have settled down to a more predictable pattern by now. So could anyone please shed some light on recent experiences?

Thanks in advance. HM
Posted by: bb&gg

Re: Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead? - 30/08/06 05:47 PM

HM, Billyboy & Georgygirl stayed there 11th of July and all was well, yes it had just changed hands but we were looked after very well, the staff are friendly and the food was good, and the beer was great.
To avoid the road walking We took the path from the car park which runs across the Viaduct and goes up and over the railway line, its a very distinct path which keeps going up and up with Whernside on your left, and it eventually brings you down in Dent, with almost two thirds of the days walking done, nice and quiet and away from any roads. You should have no problems. ....Enjoy.

Billyboy.

[This message has been edited by bb&gg (edited 30 August 2006).]
Posted by: LoneWalker

Re: Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead? - 31/08/06 10:57 AM

Although I didn't stay there, I did spend a great two hours there over the weekend (27th Aug).
The food was great, the beer was great and the staff were very friendly and efficient.
Posted by: HikeMania

Re: Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead? - 01/09/06 04:11 PM

Thanks very much for the info -- I'm pleased to learn the Inn is at a good standard.