Books on the Dalse Way

Posted by: tshands

Books on the Dalse Way - 10/07/07 08:37 PM

What is the best book to take while hiking the Dalse Way? There are several on this site. Maps would be very good and also alternate routes or extra hike suggestions. We are not hiking very far each day so might want to do some additional local hikes or longer alternatives. Any suggestions?
Posted by: Journeyman

Re: Books on the Dalse Way - 10/07/07 09:29 PM

Without doubt the best book to take with you is the Dales Way Route Guide by Arthur Gemmell and Colin Speakman priced at 5.99p. available from STILE Publications 16 Denton Rd, Middleton, ILKLEY LS29 0AA. It contains useful info and accurate maps with associated walks. Highly recommended.

Until I know your itinerary it is difficult to suggest other/additional sections to walk.
Posted by: tshands

Re: Books on the Dalse Way - 23/07/07 07:22 PM

Somehow I did not get notified that you posted a reply. Anyway thanks for the recommendation. I posted my itinerary on this site under "Comments on my trip". If you have any other suggestion that would be great. I will get the book you suggested. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Journeyman:
Without doubt the best book to take with you is the Dales Way Route Guide by Arthur Gemmell and Colin Speakman priced at 5.99p. available from STILE Publications 16 Denton Rd, Middleton, ILKLEY LS29 0AA. It contains useful info and accurate maps with associated walks. Highly recommended.

Until I know your itinerary it is difficult to suggest other/additional sections to walk.