The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1883 - 01/11/07 07:22 AM Finished!
peter1945 Offline

Loc: Mid North Coast, NSW, Australi...
The C2C was the greatest physical and navigational challenge I and my wife have done. We are both over 60 so is probably a good reason. We did take longer than the young gallopers but saw a lot of good country - vastly different from Australia. We stayed in the usual places (I will name them if anyone wants). I have to say that there is an eccentric Englishman in one establishment with a working wife so nothing was ready for us. The friendliness of the owners and locals at the White Swan in Danby Wiske was fantastic, as the food. The place we stayed in at Ingleby Cross had forgotten about us and we waited for over 2 hours to get in. Judith and Robert at Intake Farm were so friendly and helpful, unbelievable. All the other B @ B's were also great. The weather was 4 seasons in one somedays, but we were mostly lucky - except for one horrendous day when we tried Loft Beck but couldn't, so took the lower pass (horizontal rain and gale force winds, was a rescue at Loft Beck on that day), and the deep mist on the Cleveland hills and Moors was an experience! Thanks to the Pomms and Isle of Man guy with whom we walked for several days, made friends, and much safer travelling. I won't mention there names here, but in a personal email.
A walk never forgotten.
Peter.

#1884 - 01/11/07 12:25 PM Re: Finished!
Stottie Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Well done Peter and Mrs Peter.

I wondered how you'd got on, having seen your queries early in the year.

The weather could have been kinder to you, but believe me it might have been worse.

Shame about the mist on the Cleveland Hills. I was lucky there when I did the C2C, but a day later I wouldn't have seen a thing

regards
Stottie

#1885 - 01/11/07 12:48 PM Re: Finished!
Nimrod Offline

Loc: Billingham,Cleveland
Well done,Peter. I am so glad you enjoyed it.
Nimrod

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917