The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2018 - 26/11/07 05:40 AM Where are they?
peter1945 Offline

Loc: Mid North Coast, NSW, Australi...
Hello all. I was wondering where all the walkers doing the C2C this year got to (Look who's walking in 2007), especially SeattleGuy36. What were your experiences like?
Cheers
Peter.

#2019 - 27/11/07 06:42 PM Re: Where are they?
Countryfile Offline

Loc: Lancaster,England
Good Point - well made,
C'mon folks tell us of your adventures...
Hope they're not still out there hopelessly lost

CF

#2020 - 27/11/07 07:07 PM Re: Where are they?
Stottie Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Well, folks, nothing dramatic to report.

Solo trip of thirteen days in second half of April, west to east. Dry apart from drizzle on The Knott, at Nine Standards Rigg, and just west of Reeth.

Two Leeds blokes of my age were on a similar schedule, and we had some acquaintances in common. A married couple, also members of the grey brigade, from Rotherham also on similar daily walks.

Whenever we met we compared ailments (feet and knees usually) and remedies (Sorbothane insoles, trekking poles, stronger ale). We had a good laugh about it, but we thanked our lucky stars that we were born at the right time to live healthy lives and be able to retire while still fit.

It was a good walk because of the company - I think that's what makes the LDPs worthwhile - but I won't do it again: Richmond to the North York Moors was a tedious trudge, and I prefer other environments.

Stottie

#2021 - 28/11/07 12:13 PM Re: Where are they?
SteveInLeicester Offline

Loc: Leicester
Mine was nothing dramatic either. First attempt in late June rained off. Unlucky timing, what with the freak rain and floods. By the time I got to Shap I decided that being in waterproofs from morning till night wasn't my idea of fun, and camping to boot. After a bit of sulking I went back in late September and did the whole thing, fantastic weather, good company and plenty of blisters. I felt the walking country got worse as I went along, fantastic through the lakes, so-so through the dales and downright dull over the north york moors. OK the heather was pretty in pink but there's only so much heather one can appreciate.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to do Offa's Dyke next summer

[This message has been edited by SteveInLeicester (edited 28 November 2007).]

#2022 - 02/12/07 09:24 PM Re: Where are they?
kevanliz Offline

Loc: London
We are in Lewisham

Arrived back from RHB by way of slight detour via Chamonix, The North Downs and Los Angeles.

dried out now

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917