The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1678
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35942 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2666 - 05/02/99 11:35 PM CLEAVLAND WAY
ROGER Offline

Loc: DARRINGTON,WEST YORKSHIRE ENG...
I HAVE JUST WALKED THE CLEVELAND WAY FROM HELMSLEY TO SALTBURN. STARTED ON SUNDAY 1ST FEB AND ARRIVED AT SALTBURN 1 O'CLOCK P.M THUR. NO PROBLEMS WITH THE WEATHER, BUT MUD IS VERY THICK ON SOME OF THE ROUTE I.E. HELMSEY TO SUTTON BANK QUITE MUDDY IN PARTS AND A LOT OF THE SUTTON BANK TO HIGH PARADISE FARM IS HARD GOING SLIPPING AND SLIDING MOST OF THE WAY. THE LAST HUNDRED YARDS INTO OSMOTHERLY I MANAGED TO GET THE MUD OVER THE TOP OF MY BOOTS (THE ONLY PLACE ON THE WALK). FROM OSMOTHERLEY ON IT WAS A FANTASIC WALK, IT MUST BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THIS COUNTRY BUT AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR I SAW VERY FEW OTHER WALKERS. I WOULD THINK I WALK ABOUT 70 MILES ALLOWING FOR THE WALKS OFF THE ROUTE TO B&B. SIGN POSTING IS EXCELLENT ALL THE WAY APART FROM GUISBOROUGH WOODS. WHEN I GET TIME I WILL BE BACK TO DO THE COAST PART OF THE WALK.

#2667 - 24/03/99 07:43 PM Re: CLEAVLAND WAY
rmoody Offline

Loc: East Riding
Don't forget to call in at Billy Bunter's Cafe in Filey to sign the Completion Book when you complete the last part of your walk.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917