The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2888
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35975 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2758 - 08/01/03 10:36 AM First Attempt at Long Distance Walking
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am intending to attempt my first LDW along the Cleveland Way. Is there anyone out there who is doing this walk around Easter time. Love to hear from you.

#2759 - 30/01/03 04:14 PM Re: First Attempt at Long Distance Walking
Kev Offline

Hi Anna,
I walked Helmsley-Saltburn in Mid-October by myself, great fun, but a little lonely on the tops.
Check out: http://www.ramblers.org.uk/ in the Walking Companions section, there is another female looking for someone else to do the walk. Not sure on the time of year though.

If you want to know any specifics about my walk, drop me a mail to kev_murley@hotmail.com and I'll try my best to help.

Kev.

#2760 - 04/02/03 09:01 PM Re: First Attempt at Long Distance Walking
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Kev

Thanks for the reply. I may get back to you for some info nearer the time of my walk. I'll give the Ramblers site a try.

Anna.

#2761 - 05/02/03 02:37 PM Re: First Attempt at Long Distance Walking
Emma Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Anna

Me too! Seems a nice combination of moors and sea, without too many scary bits for solo navigation. Have you fine a useful guide book yet?

Emma

#2762 - 05/02/03 03:06 PM Re: First Attempt at Long Distance Walking
Sharon Offline

Loc: Reading, Berks.
Hi!

The Cleveland Way was my first attempt at long-distance walking in the summer of 2000. It really is a great mix of walking and I had a thoroughly great time. The National Trail Guide of the Way written by Ian Sampson was invaluable, with excellent pointers, tips on accommodation, half-day openings, and very clear 1:25,000 maps which cover all 110 miles. If I can help with any accommodation advice, or anything else for that matter, let me know (s.g.eversfield@reading.ac.uk) and I'll dust off the old grey cells for information.

Good luck and enjoy!

Sharon

#2763 - 14/03/03 09:21 PM Re: First Attempt at Long Distance Walking
Anonymous
Unregistered

hiya anna ive been wanting to do the cleveland ive read the books about the walk if you havent found anybody i would be interested in doing the walk

#2764 - 01/04/03 09:52 AM Re: First Attempt at Long Distance Walking
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi
try www.seracoutdoorsports.co.uk
They do an organised trek along the route which is all inclusive, great value and it was a laugh!
Becky

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917