The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1678
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35942 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2765 - 12/05/03 02:45 PM Accomodation along the Cleveland way
Annie Offline

Loc: USA
Hi, I was thinking of walking part of the Cleveland way (from Helmsley to Whitby) at the end of June, but have difficulties finding accomodation along the way. Would anybody have any ideas?

#2766 - 13/05/03 08:02 PM Re: Accomodation along the Cleveland way
Sharon Offline

Loc: Reading, Berks.
Hi!

Go to http://www.clevelandway.gov.uk/orderform.htm where you'll find an accommodation and information guide FOR FREE!!

Good luck - it's a great walk.

Sharon

#2767 - 19/05/03 09:32 AM Re: Accomodation along the Cleveland way
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got that guide, but I also have difficulties finding accomodations. Escpessially between the first and second part.

Corien
(holland)

#2768 - 06/07/03 07:53 PM Re: Accomodation along the Cleveland way
aheron Offline

If you require any assistance with regards the Cleveland Way, let me know. I walked the whole way in June 2000 and stayed at 7 different places, all on route.

Andy

#2769 - 14/07/03 12:26 PM Re: Accomodation along the Cleveland way
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you Camping or B&B'ing?

I camped it all last year staying at the campsite in Osmotherley. Jet Miners Inn in Broughton (About 5 each way for taxi from Clay Bank to Broughton - Broughton Taxis 01772 864444) For the 2nd and Third Night.

I didn't need accomadation for the first night as I have family in the area. There is a Pub at the top of Sutton Bank I am not sure of the name, sorry.

Let me know if you are camping and I can let you have details for further on.

Footsore

#2770 - 11/08/03 03:10 PM Re: Accomodation along the Cleveland way
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi annie
i did the cleveland way some years ago and enjoyed the path very much.
its well marked and not to many arduos sections, i carried on at filey brig and cmpleted the wolds way which was a beautiful stroll through a forgotten part of yorkshire.
as for accommodation i tended to wild camp the entire length of the ways.
the weather was kind and i was rewarded with fine views.
best section of the walk, most definately the coastal stretch from saltburn to RHB.
good luck, martin

#2771 - 07/09/03 02:01 PM Re: Accomodation along the Cleveland way
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Footsore.:
Are you Camping or B&B'ing?

I camped it all last year staying at the campsite in Osmotherley. Jet Miners Inn in Broughton (About 5 each way for taxi from Clay Bank to Broughton - Broughton Taxis 01772 864444) For the 2nd and Third Night.

I didn't need accomadation for the first night as I have family in the area. There is a Pub at the top of Sutton Bank I am not sure of the name, sorry.

Let me know if you are camping and I can let you have details for further on.

Footsore

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917