The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2775 - 07/09/03 02:06 PM Camping?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to walk the C' Way in 2004 (whole circular route back to Helmsley) and camp all the way if possible, anyone know where there are places to camp on or near the route?

#2776 - 08/09/03 10:11 AM Re: Camping?
KevinD Offline

Hello Cat,

As luck would have it Iíve just come back from walking the Cleveland Way and we camped (almost) all the way. However, we didnít do the Tabular Hills Link back to Helmsley so I canít help with that bit.

My first piece of advice would be to ring up the National Park people and get a copy of the accommodation guide. The number is in the back of the national trail guide, but I can post it here if you like.

We camped on each day except the first. I couldnít find a camp site handy for the top of Sutton Bank. So we spent the night in a caravan in the back garden of a B&B near the Hambleton Inn (Although the very kind lady would have allowed us to camp in her back garden if Iíd wanted to. So I suggest a ring round the B&Bs).

Other places we camped were: -
The campsite near the youth hostel in Osmotherley.
Beak Hills Farm (about half a mile from the path between Carlton Bank and Clay bank Ė this is the tricky day for finding accommodation, but we did get a free lift to the pub!).
Park Farm in Kildale.
The campsite in Saltburn.
The campsite at Runswick Bay.
A farm at Robin Hoods Bay.
Scalby campsite in Scarborough.

All of these were in the accommodation guide. If you need any more advice let me know.

#2777 - 13/10/03 07:40 PM Re: Camping?
Anonymous
Unregistered

helooooooooooooooooo

#2778 - 19/03/04 09:04 AM Re: Camping?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat:
I want to walk the C' Way in 2004 (whole circular route back to Helmsley) and camp all the way if possible, anyone know where there are places to camp on or near the route?

Me and my son are planning the cleveland by tent but the first stop at Boltby were doing a B&B all the best for your walk

#2779 - 01/04/04 07:25 PM Re: Camping?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I walked the CW 3 years ago and camped all the way. Stayed at
Hambleton Inn (beer garden)
Osmotherley (site near YHA)
Park House Farm, Kildale
Saltburn (site is west of railway station, at edge of town)
Goldsborough (pub beer garden)
Ravenscar (Bent Rigg Farm)

Got on a flyer from Ravenscar, used the dismantled railway line to Cloughton, useful if you're pushed for time and want to finish from Ravenscar in 1 day.

#2780 - 21/04/04 12:47 PM Re: Camping?
Ric'n'Cath Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire, england
I can confirm that the Hambleton Inn used to allow camping in the rear garden. Catch was the toilets and washing area was the pub toilets.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917