The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35984 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2989 - 07/06/07 07:12 PM Re: Finished it.
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
Lucky bugger.

#2990 - 12/06/07 05:25 PM Re: Finished it.
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
hi Oldun,
well done on completing the Cleveland Way
i know what you feel like with cats , we have a bout half a dozen make a habit of coming round our garden and i am tempted to get an air gun ,the only thing is we are not allowed to shoot cats in the U.K.
a gentle man down the street told me to put crushed egg shells down, it has stopped them sraching holes and leaving their shit. but they still come round tormenting the birds. i have a dog dazer and that shifts them ,only thing you have to see them to daze them and one can not be out all the time. as for dogs , the owners round here are lot of ignorant people if you catch them when their dogs are doing it , they say i will clean it up to-morrow when it has dried , lying sods.
some times though i feel guilty moaning about little things when there is so much worse going on in the world( won't go in to that though)
regards to all
ern

#48698 - 17/07/09 12:04 PM Re: Finished it. [Re: Lounge Lizard]
barleybank Offline

Loc: Darwen, Lancs
My colleague and I have recently completed the Cleveland way, we thoroughly enjoyed the walk, including the coastal section. I must agree that dog mess is a problem in certain sections of the walk, but no different to other urban areas where thoughtless owners walk their dogs.
I would say that both the Cleveland/Redcar and North Yorks council authorities are now doing a pretty good job of maintaining the 'Way'. In respect of the sea cliff erosion, and the closeness of the path to the cliff edge, I would say 'exercise caution' when walking here.

#48725 - 18/07/09 11:00 AM Re: Finished it. [Re: barleybank]
flatlands Offline

The Cleveland Way is a walk I would like to do in September, having done it twice in the last 25 years, it would be nice to do again. Being a local Teesside lad, I probably would start the Cleveland Way at Saltburn and maybe do a complete circuit c/w the Tabular Hills Link Walk.

The Cleveland Way is celebrating it's 40th anniversary this year and it is a enjoyable walk.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917