The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1678
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35942 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3043 - 02/06/04 10:51 AM 2 days on Offas Dyke Path
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Next weekend myself and a friend intend to walk some of the Offas Dyke Path.

It will be the first of hopefully many walks and we are looking for some advice.

Our basic plan is to arrive at a camp site on Friday evening, stay the night and start walking early on Saturday and finish before dark on Sunday. Camping out on Saturday night.

I think the best idea would be to leave the car at the "finish" of our route and catch a train to the "start" of the route.

The only problem is, we havent got a clue where to start or finish. We don't even know how far we will be able to walk in a day. We are both reasonably fit males in our mid 20's, so I estimate we could walk about 25-30 miles in a day, but I may be totally wrong.

Any advice on what part of the route we should do would be much aprecciated.

Thanks
Jase

#3044 - 17/06/04 03:43 PM Re: 2 days on Offas Dyke Path
Anonymous
Unregistered

Depends on the sort of sceanary you want to see. The lower section, monmouth, tintern - chepstow is spectacular. I am also going to walk a section this August, I am going to try walking from Chepstow up and just see where I get to. I don't want to put a final destination on myself. I want to enjoy and stop and detour if I feel like it and not get in a tizz about final destination. Chill

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917