The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2888
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35974 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3136 - 17/12/05 06:52 PM Re: free camping along the path
chacho Offline

Loc: spain
Hi Ray,

yes those were us. My and my friend, the two Spanish with umbrelas walkin S to N. We expected much more rain but the weather was in general quite good, any way they were useful and funny to play with.

Were did we meet? Perhaps I remember you.

This year I would like to come back to UK, visit some friends and walk, but I am afraid it will be a short path, 5 or 6 days as much.
I thinking about the Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast path, but I don´t know much about it, only I have seen it in the national trails web page.
It´s the first time I heard about the Dales Way, it seen to be good for walking in few days as I have seen now in a web page. Is it good?

#3137 - 18/12/05 10:30 AM Re: free camping along the path
Ray Thorley Offline

Loc: Oldham Lancs
Can't remember the spot where we crossed but you were going uphil and we down. I think that it was in a wooded area. Yes we were lucky with the weather as we expected a lot of rain. It rained on our last day which was a pity as it was a miserable end to a good walk.
Don't know too much about the Dales walk but believe that it is somewhat easier than the Offas Dyke.

#3138 - 18/12/05 10:25 PM Re: free camping along the path
Countryfile Offline

Loc: Lancaster,England
Hola Chacho!
Que tal me companiero?
Lo siento para me mal Espaniol.
Tienes que hacer el C2C. Es el primero andar en Inglaterra. Tengo completar el andar en ano dos mil dos y recommendarlo. Me y tres amigos empesar C2C en Mayo el ano que viene, y me ghustaria ver tu tambien en el andar si es posible.
Puedo aprender un poco mas Espaniol tambien!
Countryfile.

#3139 - 27/12/05 07:48 PM Re: free camping along the path
chacho Offline

Loc: spain
Que tal, Countryfile,

¡Que sorpresa, un mensaje en Español!
Tu español esta vastante bien y agradezco tu esfuerzo en utilizarlo. Permiteme que te conteste en Ingles porque es la unica manera de no olvidarlo para mi.

I am getting more interested in walking the C2C, everybody talk very well about it.

I think it is a great opportunity and it would be a great experience to walk with you and your friends. I wouldn´t exitate if it were in July or August, because is difficult to find parthers for so a long walk and I willing to walk it, but I am afraid May is not a good month for me because my work.
I am so sorry.

Anyway thanks for your interest, and let me know about your walking.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917