The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1678
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35942 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3157 - 17/12/05 05:04 PM After OFFAs
OLDMAN Walker Offline

Loc: UK
Hi
Last year me and friend (combined age 100) had a very enjoyable 12 days walking N to S on the Offa's Dyke-we even managed a few nights camping before deciding that tent was too heavy and send it home via Royal mail. The year before did the Cleveland Way-YHA and BB.
Next summer we are looking at either the Dales Way or half of the Pennine Way. Quite fancy the freedom of camping but can't face carring a tent so are thinking of investing in bivvy bags and wild camping.
Any advice on which walk others would recommend would be appreciated and any comments about bivvy bags would help.
Cheers

#3158 - 17/12/05 06:24 PM Re: After OFFAs
AnthonyRHeath Offline

Loc: Knottingley, nr Pontefract Yor...
Just look at the number of posts on this site for the coast 2 coast walk. Almost 10 times as many posts as the next most popular walk. In my opinion the c2c has got to be the best. (voted 2nd best walk on the planet a couple of years ago.) If you had'nt already done the Offas dike & Cleveland way I would have said do the Dales way, but as you are an accomplished walker I would say do the c2c. As for bivvy bags, I am assuming you are about fifty years old? (QUOTE: last year me and a friend combined age 100)Leave the bivvy bags at home & go for the soft option of b&b & use the sherpa service and make it a holiday to remember for all the right reasons.
What ever you decide to do keep us all posted
All the best,Robin H.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917