The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36021 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3297 - 13/03/04 07:29 PM maps
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm planning to walk the Dales way in May.
Experience form previous walks makes me want to talk a set of as large scale maps as possible with me. I know the 1:50000 landraranger series but am interested in any info on anything more detailed.

Lots of coments on diificult route finding west of M6 so any suggetsions in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Tony
Tony

#3298 - 13/03/04 11:11 PM Re: maps
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
My cup runneth...
See last post... da, dah...
1:25 000 (2.5 inches to one mile) inc. in Antony Burton Guide... what day is it..?
Shows all dem tiny details... inc. shake holes... shake holes Mo Fo... what be shake holes? Shake, shake Mo FO shake!

#3299 - 15/03/04 02:29 PM Re: maps
The silent assasin Offline

Loc: East Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by tony key:
I'm planning to walk the Dales way in May.
Experience form previous walks makes me want to talk a set of as large scale maps as possible with me. I know the 1:50000 landraranger series but am interested in any info on anything more detailed.

Lots of coments on diificult route finding west of M6 so any suggetsions in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Tony
Tony

Hi Tony,Try the route guide and dalesway hand book available from The Dalesway Association.I walked the way mainly using the sketch maps in the route guide but occaisionaly referring to the relevent land rangers.

#3300 - 01/04/04 07:39 PM Re: maps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Tony

Have a look at my post under Guidebooks. We used the line maps in the Gemmell/Speakman guide which are very clear with stiles, landmarks etc shown, and drawn to 2.5 ins to the mile. We took OS maps too as backup.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917