The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1696
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36020 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3325 - 09/06/04 01:20 PM Dales Way in a Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

On Saturday 19th June, stating at midnight I hope to complete the complete route from Ilkley To Bowness within 24 hours, raising money for a local childrens hospice.
I would be interested to know if anyone has attempted this before and how long they took ?

#3326 - 09/06/04 06:05 PM Re: Dales Way in a Day
tony k Offline

Loc: UK
I have not done the Dales Way in a day but I have covered this distance on foot(running rather than walking) inside twenty four hours in the Yorkshire Dales.A good fell runner should be able to do the Dales Way inside fifteen hours due to it being flat for a lot of the route with only a couple of stiff climbs.A strong walker should be able to complete the walk inside twenty four hours and it would rank as an outstanding achievement.Let us know how you get on.

#3327 - 20/06/04 04:23 PM Re: Dales Way in a Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nigel, Myself and a few friends have completed two thirds (got to Sedbergh so far) of the Dales Way walk and I would love to know how you got on. Good luck.

#3328 - 21/06/04 01:26 PM Re: Dales Way in a Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

THE RESULT.
Setting off from Ilkley at midnight on Friday 18th June I managed to complete the 82 miles from Ilkley to Bowness in 18 hours 17 minutes. A perfect night without a cloud in the sky and only the stars for company was followed by the perfect day. There were no blisters to report just a sore knee and a bruised heel. Celebrations consisted of double haggis and double black pudding with chips from The Little Chippy at Windermere washed down with a bottle of Jenning`s Cumbrian Ale. Lovely jubbly! An excellent experience made even more rewarding by the raising of over 2000 for a local childrens hospice.

#3329 - 21/06/04 06:45 PM Re: Dales Way in a Day
tony k Offline

Loc: UK
Well done Nigel.That an exceptional time.Whats the next challenge?

#3330 - 22/06/04 08:32 PM Re: Dales Way in a Day
Sharon Offline

Loc: Reading, Berks.
Fantastic achievement - well done!

Dad and I are doing this LDP in August but have settled for a far more leisurely 6 days! [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

#3331 - 12/06/05 07:50 PM Re: Dales Way in a Day
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Hi All,
I walked (No Running)the Dales Way with my wife a few years ago and had a great very easy paced 8 days. I then got into ultra distance walking and have walked it non stop three times, with a best time of 29hrs 15min. I am doing the Cumbria way in a couple of weeks, my third time also, best time 29hrs 10min, shorter than the Dales Way but harder. Ive done a few others as well and have worked out a route from Scafell Pike back to Chorley around 100 miles, but I will have to save that for my 60th birthday next year.
Dave.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917