The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3364 - 13/09/04 09:18 PM mint bridge restored!
Anonymous
Unregistered

we have just completed the dales way sucessfully and enjoyed every minute. The bridge over the river Mint near Shaw End is now fully restored so no need for detours.However we did have to do a commando roll under an electric fence in the field approaching the bridge that the farmer has kindly put across the route!

#3365 - 14/09/04 09:22 PM Re: mint bridge restored!
Anonymous
Unregistered

great news about the bridge!I am starting The Dales Way walk in two weeks time.I have never done this sort of distance before,any comments about the walk would be most welcomed.

#3366 - 17/09/04 06:07 PM Re: mint bridge restored!
tony k Offline

Loc: UK
Give the walk respect despite it being described as easy.I failed miserably on this one about six years ago when I ended up with both feet blistered and had to quit at Gearstones.The walk is easy compared to the Pennine Way but the same things can go wrong.

If your feet are okay you shouldn't have any real problems.

#3367 - 19/09/04 08:58 PM Re: mint bridge restored!
Anonymous
Unregistered

this was our firts long distance walk. We coped with it much better than we thought. (We are in our mid 40s) We are weekend walkers but "trained" for the Dales Way by gradually increasing our milage at weekends 'till we were doing about 10-12 miles over quite tough going in Derbyshire Peak. The way itself has no real challenging gradients and the paths are good. The most we did in a day was16 miles.We planned a "rest day" of only 6 miles half way throght between dent and sedbergh which was most welcome. Good comfy well brokenin boots are the absolute vital requirement. Good luck

#3368 - 22/09/04 09:51 PM Re: mint bridge restored!
Anonymous
Unregistered

donna,

Thank you for your comments about the walk.We just want to get on with it now,soon be Sunday and we can go!! our boots are well worn in,and like you we have been training up to 12 miles every weekend,plus a few other walks throughout the week.Will let you know how it goes.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917