The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3431 - 09/06/05 09:11 AM Re: The good the bad and the vey expensive.
JL Offline

Can't agree - just finished Dales Way and stayed at some top pubs - White lion at Cray, Sun Inn at Dent wouldn't advocate Jolly Angler at Burneside though.

#3432 - 12/06/05 08:08 PM Re: The good the bad and the vey expensive.
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
I agree with JL, ive done lots of LDWs stayed in a whole variety of B&Bs, hotels and campsites. Isnt the whole experience about the walking, countryside, meeting and sharing experiences with other like minded people. Having a beer after a hard days walking etc. You then go to bed (whatever that is) which is occasionally neccesary, but hardly the most important part of the adventure. Personally, I'd put up with (and have) anything, just to get out there and do it! Ive never in all my experience let sub standard accomodation even register with me, as all the other fantastic benefits more than compensate.
Dave.

[This message has been edited by Slogger (edited 12 June 2005).]

#3433 - 12/06/05 10:10 PM Re: The good the bad and the vey expensive.
Sharon Offline

Loc: Reading, Berks.
But when you've paid good money ....... ?

#3434 - 12/06/05 10:41 PM Re: The good the bad and the vey expensive.
Ambler Offline

Slogger...you are just the kind of guest the pubs dream of.

Quote:
Originally posted by Slogger:
I agree with JL, ive done lots of LDWs stayed in a whole variety of B&Bs, hotels and campsites. Isnt the whole experience about the walking, countryside, meeting and sharing experiences with other like minded people. Having a beer after a hard days walking etc. You then go to bed (whatever that is) which is occasionally neccesary, but hardly the most important part of the adventure. Personally, I'd put up with (and have) anything, just to get out there and do it! Ive never in all my experience let sub standard accomodation even register with me, as all the other fantastic benefits more than compensate.
Dave.

[This message has been edited by Slogger (edited 12 June 2005).]

#3435 - 13/06/05 07:33 PM Re: The good the bad and the vey expensive.
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
You dont have to pay a fortune for B&B so long as you look around enough which is easy with the internet and phone. I walked the West Highland Way 2 years ago, excellent accomodation for an average 22 per night. You would have to be real unlucky or just plain careless to find your planned accomodation is sub standard every night. Unless you are the type that expect silver spoons and a water bed, and if so mind you dont step in any puddles, wouldnt want to mess up those highly polished boots, would you!
Dave.

[This message has been edited by Slogger (edited 13 June 2005).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917