The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1691
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36009 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3650 - 30/08/06 03:53 PM Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead?
HikeMania Offline

We're making our final plans for our September Dales Way walk, and would like to hear comments, please, from anyone who has stayed at the Station Inn recently. I seem to recall reading (on this forum) that the Inn had changed hands sometime within the last few months, but I can't find the comments. Of course any transition can be difficult at first, and that's understandable, but I assume that things have settled down to a more predictable pattern by now. So could anyone please shed some light on recent experiences?

Thanks in advance. HM

#3651 - 30/08/06 05:47 PM Re: Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead?
bb&gg Offline

Loc: East anglia/England
HM, Billyboy & Georgygirl stayed there 11th of July and all was well, yes it had just changed hands but we were looked after very well, the staff are friendly and the food was good, and the beer was great.
To avoid the road walking We took the path from the car park which runs across the Viaduct and goes up and over the railway line, its a very distinct path which keeps going up and up with Whernside on your left, and it eventually brings you down in Dent, with almost two thirds of the days walking done, nice and quiet and away from any roads. You should have no problems. ....Enjoy.

Billyboy.

[This message has been edited by bb&gg (edited 30 August 2006).]

#3652 - 31/08/06 10:57 AM Re: Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead?
LoneWalker Offline

Loc: Cheshire, UK
Although I didn't stay there, I did spend a great two hours there over the weekend (27th Aug).
The food was great, the beer was great and the staff were very friendly and efficient.

#3653 - 01/09/06 04:11 PM Re: Recent stay - Station Inn @ Ribblehead?
HikeMania Offline

Thanks very much for the info -- I'm pleased to learn the Inn is at a good standard.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917