The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1691
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36009 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3675 - 21/09/06 05:56 AM Dales Journal
Gregg Offline

Loc: Cotati, CA, USA
The journal of my Dales Way amble in April 2005 is now posted on Lonewalker's site and includes my two days in the Lake district around Ambleside plus many photos.

http://www.gregginsonoma.walkingplaces.co.uk

Thanks to Lonewalker for his help and patience.

#3676 - 28/09/06 11:42 AM Re: Dales Journal
happywalker Offline

Loc: england
Thanks, Gregg, I enjoyed reading about your journey on the Dales way. It is one of my favourite trails.

Have you been to Alaska? I would like to go on a trip to the USA where I will see bears fishing in the river and sea otters, whales etc., and my daughter has seen all these delights in Alaska. Do you know of anywhere else you could visit in the USA to see them? Canda perhaps? sorry, Greg, I know youre from warmer places in the USA, but I thought I would ask.

Love, Jo

#3677 - 28/09/06 02:27 PM Re: Dales Journal
ernest smith Offline

Loc: east yorkshire , england
hi Gregg,
thanks for sharing your walks and photo's,though how you managed to get them on the coast 2 coast when you had not a camera i don't know,brought back a lot of happy memories for me,Coniston old man and the prisonband i don't know where that name comes from and the blue tarns and lead mines, and your story of your friend missing the bus, when we walked the dales way 2 of our party had to give up due to blisters and were waiting for a bus asked a local what time the bus went he said ''2.30'', they said ''great we wont have long to wait'', he said ''no only one a week and it went yesterday''
thanks again.
regards
ern

#3678 - 03/10/06 06:44 PM Re: Dales Journal
Gregg Offline

Loc: Cotati, CA, USA
Hi happywalker

No, I've never been to Alaska, but there are some wild places in the states like the Salmon River area of Idaho. Also near there is one of my favorite places Yellowstone Park where you can see all kinds of wildlife like bison, elk, grizzley and black bears. The bears fish in the garbage dumps and tourists food chests.

South of San Francisco is Ano Nuevo State Reserve where you can stroll with the elephant seals and see whales migrating near the coast.

All in all, I'm sure nothing beats Alaska for the wild.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917