The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3744 - 10/07/07 08:37 PM Books on the Dalse Way
tshands Offline

Loc: atlanta, ga, USA
What is the best book to take while hiking the Dalse Way? There are several on this site. Maps would be very good and also alternate routes or extra hike suggestions. We are not hiking very far each day so might want to do some additional local hikes or longer alternatives. Any suggestions?

#3745 - 10/07/07 09:29 PM Re: Books on the Dalse Way
Journeyman Offline

Loc: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Without doubt the best book to take with you is the Dales Way Route Guide by Arthur Gemmell and Colin Speakman priced at 5.99p. available from STILE Publications 16 Denton Rd, Middleton, ILKLEY LS29 0AA. It contains useful info and accurate maps with associated walks. Highly recommended.

Until I know your itinerary it is difficult to suggest other/additional sections to walk.

#3746 - 23/07/07 07:22 PM Re: Books on the Dalse Way
tshands Offline

Loc: atlanta, ga, USA
Somehow I did not get notified that you posted a reply. Anyway thanks for the recommendation. I posted my itinerary on this site under "Comments on my trip". If you have any other suggestion that would be great. I will get the book you suggested. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Journeyman:
Without doubt the best book to take with you is the Dales Way Route Guide by Arthur Gemmell and Colin Speakman priced at 5.99p. available from STILE Publications 16 Denton Rd, Middleton, ILKLEY LS29 0AA. It contains useful info and accurate maps with associated walks. Highly recommended.

Until I know your itinerary it is difficult to suggest other/additional sections to walk.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917