The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37862 - 01/10/05 09:01 PM marriage break up
rockwalker Offline

Loc: sheffield yorkshire, gods own...
its a shame no a taversty that my passionate love of walking in the mountains and on the moors on a regular basis has led to the breakup from the love of my life (my wife who cant stand being left alone ) and the failure of my marriage.it'll be some time before I can revisit the lakes /snowdonia etc but I can tell you this I'LL BE BACK WITH A VENGENCE.so good by for now see ya all soon
the rockwalker
normally known as Martyn

#37863 - 01/10/05 09:30 PM Re: marriage break up
Tom de Sherwood Offline

Loc: Nottingham, England
Sorry for your troubles mate, but we will all be cheered up when we read the sound advice Norman will give [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

#37864 - 02/10/05 02:45 AM Re: marriage break up
Nimrod Offline

Loc: Billingham,Cleveland
Hi Martyn
I am so sorry of reading about the break up of your marriage,but as a bachelor,alas,I cannot give any contructive thoughts other than I hope and pray that things will work out fine for both of you.
Mark

#37865 - 02/10/05 04:48 PM Re: marriage break up
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Martyn,
Sir Chris Bonnington once put it something along the lines of :- " Mountaining I suppose is selfish, yes it is selfish, but its love of the mountains and the burning desire to be among them, that makes me the person I am. Without them I would be a lesser person."
My wife no longer comes on walks with me, she used to, but due to health problems and the resulting lack of fitness, the walks became increasingly less enjoyable. She does get frustrated at times when I go off, but knows that I have to do the things that I do. Its all a compromise, and I try to assist her in the things she wants to do, even if it means foregoing something that I would rather do. Its easy to get so enthused with activities like running and walking that it becomes an obsession. Once it becomes an obsession, it then becomes the main focus and parteners feel threatened by it, and start to resent it.
Its then only a matter of time before it comes to a head.
Good luck to you.
Dave.

#37866 - 03/10/05 07:17 PM Re: marriage break up
Anonymous
Unregistered

Surely this is a case of closing the stable door after the horse as bolted.

By the way, that bedroom ceiling of yours needs a coat of paint.

#37867 - 03/10/05 08:09 PM Re: marriage break up
argonaut Offline

Loc: peterborough. uk
I know its spoken in a jocular mode, but i think thats a bit of an uncaring comment Norman, even for me.

#37868 - 03/10/05 11:09 PM Re: marriage break up
tonyk Offline

Loc: UK
Everything is impermanent,wives,hills and real ale.Death is a great healer.

#37869 - 03/10/05 11:43 PM Re: marriage break up
Nimrod Offline

Loc: Billingham,Cleveland
Quote:
Originally posted by argonaut:
I know its spoken in a jocular mode, but i think thats a bit of an uncaring comment Norman, even for me.

I agree [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Nimrod

#37870 - 04/10/05 10:48 AM Re: marriage break up
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

Loc: Cumbria
I agree,as well,that it is an uncaring comment.

Its apparent jocularity is but a thin creme brulee crust atop a veritable custard of poison and bitterness.

All the best to you Martyn.....a great deal of peace and serenity is offered by a love of nature.
Keep your boots on.

Dr D.Hartley x

#37871 - 04/10/05 08:09 PM Re: marriage break up
rockwalker Offline

Loc: sheffield yorkshire, gods own...
thanks eveyone for there support even norm (i did the ceiling yesterday) after being totaly devastated by what happened I have now begun to get my head round the situation and have decided to look to the future and not to reminise,I must stress my wife and I are still even now very good friends and are relying on each other for support in getting through this termoil,we will remain close ,well after 30 years you aught to. As i said before thanks fellow coasters for your comments and I'll be out there soon, a bit thinner and maybe a happier person [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/wink.gif[/img]
martyn

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917