The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3868 - 11/01/04 05:04 PM How to organize WHW. Please help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everybody,
we are planning to do the WHW this year after having completed the c2c last year. We appreciated the service of this site concerning the booking of the B&Bs and would like to do the same with the WHW. Unfortunately there is no booking service for the WHW here and the sherpa website seems to be still a little bit under construction. Is there anybody out there who wants to help our walking boots to get out of the cupboard again? The address of a good website for accomodation booking would be great.

Thanks for your help [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/smile.gif[/img] X [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#3869 - 11/01/04 09:45 PM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
walkingwoman Offline

Loc: NY
Hi there! I am trying to plan my walk too and this is what I found. There are a few services advertised. http://www.west-highland-way.co.uk/mainFrame.htm

I used Sherpa booking accommodation service for the C2C last summer and they were very good.I do not know how they would be for the WHW.

#3870 - 11/01/04 10:13 PM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
georgie-girl Offline

Loc: peterborough. uk
Very costly compared to booking yourself, i did it last year booking my own stops, and still have the list and prices, together with the Phone numbers. If anybody wishes to have them, please dont hesitate to ask.

#3871 - 12/01/04 01:39 AM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
walkingwoman Offline

It is true that it is costly. But it depends where you are. In my case, it is cheaper to use the service than the overseas long distance phone calling.

#3872 - 12/01/04 01:22 PM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
TJ Offline

Loc: wiltshire. england
When we did the C2C we used a booking service which was okay but it was obviously more expensive. last year we decided to book the WHW ourselves via email, this worked out much cheaper and was also nice to have direct contact with the owners. The addresses we got from the official WHW site and the Scottish tourist board. It worked so well for us that we did the same this year for The Dalesway.
We were pleased with all our choices and a few really stood out (Drymen, Kinlochleven and Fort William were top class)

#3873 - 12/01/04 02:28 PM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I would suggest that you use EasyWays if you don't wish to do the booking yourself. They will also take care of the baggage transport and are much cheaper than Sherpa.

Good luck and enjoy.

#3874 - 12/01/04 10:32 PM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you dont book yourself, you dont have the choice of where you bed down !!! Dodgy. And the price will be about 3 a head dearer a night. It's not a difficult job to do it yourself, except Georgie-girls offer.

#3875 - 12/01/04 10:37 PM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

In my last post, for except----read accept. sorry

#3876 - 17/01/04 12:45 PM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
walkingwoman Offline

Following Georgie-girl and others advice I decided to book my accommodations using the accommodation guide published in the official WHW brochure. I tried using the Internet first and then I called the places that do not have email. You were absolutely right; it was easier and far cheaper than I thought. I am still waiting on two places but I am done with the rest. How long did it take? Two days, two hours each but I began to visit the places website, etc. Basically: it can be done more efficiently.

#3877 - 17/01/04 05:09 PM Re: How to organize WHW. Please help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi walking woman nice to see you getting organised. Where have you booked? and when are you off. If you are on for May that can be a busy time. You could get good weather and if clear you will see for miles. May is good for birds , wildlife and especially flowers. cheers Peter

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917