The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39008 - 05/07/06 08:23 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Nimrod Offline

Loc: Billingham,Cleveland
Well,Dr BingoBongo Mr Bojangles,Lord SpanglerWranglerStrangler...you wanted to know my list of favourite music?
Nimrod

#39009 - 05/07/06 10:11 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Heatha Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Well, here goes, and I wasn't going to get involved! I have 2 CDs that I play incessantly when I'm driving. Good road therapy!
They are:
Classical Loon (Northsound)
Classical Loon II (Northsound)
For me they mix the music I love with the wild. Just a personal preference and if you haven't heard the different sounds of the loon interspersed with the music, don't knock it!

#39010 - 05/07/06 10:40 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

Loc: Cumbria
Nim.....just call me BingBongBoLo SpangWrangStrang for short.

At the risk of blatant name dropping,I worked with Matt Munro at the Villa Marina,in Douglas Isle Of Man in 1979 !!!

Have you heard the John Williams score to Catch Me If You Can?

Not the typical Spielbergian Bombastic Bash-up but a really sophisticated hip jazzy score.

Bonnnnnngggggggggggg.......

#39011 - 06/07/06 09:12 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Sam Peps Offline

Goodness me Prongo, don't be so coy. Shoulders back, chest out.

My top listens this summer:

1. The Best of Tangerine Dream.
2. Coldplay X&Y - I love their music but fall out with them every time their lead singer is interviewed and I hear his shallow, pretentious, insincere viewpoint.
3. Black eyed Peas - Pump it up - Louder! etc.
4. Johnny Cash - All sorts. I love that guy, & that film.

Oh, and K, if you're reading; Rich Mullins is one of my all time favourite Christian artists! My two track choices; The colour Green and My Deliverer.

Now Dr.B, in this spirit of openness & love - Your own choices at your leisure.

#39012 - 06/07/06 03:41 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

Normuel....that is such a great improvement in your tone that I can only accept your flirtatious invitation.

Nimrod is correct.....a top five list is a bonkers idea to anyone with a love for music. So here are a few things that I'd wish to share with anyone unaware of the aural pleasures thus contained.....daddy-o.

Billy May was one of the great arrangers for Sinatra and Nat King Cole in the 50's,
That huge swinging juggernaut on Come Dance With Me and Come Fly With Me is down to him. He recorded his own albums for Capitol that featured not only his exciting and witty arrangements but the collossal talents of the studio musicians that frequented those Sinatra sessions.
"Naughty Operetta" and "Sorta May" are my two favourites.....

Talking of Sinatra....my (current) favourite album is Where Are You. WHAT......you're not familiar with it????? It's a collection of angst ridden ballads with sublime orchestral backing by Gordon Jenkins (he also worked with Nat Cole and arranged When I Fall In Love).
Sinatra was in the midst of his break up with Ava Gardner and his voice,already in it's prime,is infused with the emotion on grief.(Apparently,at the end of "I'm A Fool To Want You",he was so overcome that he left the studio before the band had finished the coda")
"The Night We Called It A Day" is as sweet and lovely as Doreen Whitehead's chocolate cake.(BTW....did you know that Doreen is a big fan of Vince Hill and Des O'Connor ??!!!).

Bach......The Art Of Fugue,Matthew Passion,Well Tempered Clavier.
As strong an article of Faith as was ever uttered by a human.

Keith Jarrett........Genesis with Peter Gabriel....John Coltrane.....Cannonball Adderley.....The Beatles......Randy Newman.....Martha Argerich......Prokoviev....Todd Rundgren....Gentle Giant.....Pet Sounds....Steely Dan.....Milton Nascimento.....Egberto Gismonti....
Elton John (in the early 70's)....The Blessed Zappa......Singers Unlimited.....

Mmmmm......I'm off to recharge the iPod

BB

ps.......Tangerine Dream,Leeds University 1975,just after the release of "Ricochet", was one of my earliest gigs,Normuel.

pps.......for those of you constantly seeking new musical introductions of an esoreic and left field nature,I recommend the Stuart Maconie show on sunday afternoon.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/freakzone/

#39013 - 06/07/06 03:55 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

Arrgghhhhh.....................that should read

.......................ESOTERIC.......................

#39014 - 06/07/06 08:59 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Anonymous
Unregistered

No it shouldn't ,it should read EGOTISTICAL.

#39015 - 07/07/06 11:37 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

#39016 - 07/07/06 12:32 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Nimrod Offline

Loc: Billingham,Cleveland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.BingoBongo:

Nim.....just call me BingBongBoLo SpangWrangStrang for short.

At the risk of blatant name dropping,I worked with Matt Munro at the Villa Marina,in Douglas Isle Of Man in 1979 !!!

Have you heard the John Williams score to Catch Me If You Can?

Not the typical Spielbergian Bombastic Bash-up but a really sophisticated hip jazzy score.

Bonnnnnngggggggggggg.......

Outside the Spielberg camp,he did sterling work for JFK,Born on the Fourth of July,Harry Potter,Superman and of course the Stars Wars films. I think John Barry is over due for a knighthood,and I also believe John Williams should get an honorary knighthood like the bearded one.
Nimrod

#39017 - 07/07/06 07:31 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

I agree about John Barry being overdue the Knighthood,but hey......having been responsible for those Bond films (especially Goldfinger and On Her Majesties Secret Service), The Persuaders,The Ipcress File , Born Free ,being married to Jane Birkin AND a knighthood might be asking too much.
I just read a quote the othe day where he said "I would'nt know Robbie Williams if I fell over him"....!
You can take the man out of Yorkshire.....

.............AND I happen to know that he watches Big Brother.

BB....glued to BB.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917