The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39048 - 13/07/06 10:11 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Nimrod Offline

Loc: Billingham,Cleveland
Quote:
Originally posted by wylie coyote:
Nimrod,

Did you catch the late Tommy Vance on the radio 1 rock show on New Years Eve in 1981 (or was it 1982?) when he reckoned he could play that guitar solo back to back repeatedly and never tire?

I feel I could agree with him.

Wylie

No,Wylie,I didn't listen to that show,but I remember listening to Tommy the Vance,a much missed voice on the radio. Yes,I could agree with him as well - did you see Pink Floyd at the Live 8 concert last year?
Nimrod

#39049 - 14/07/06 07:37 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
flying scot Offline

Loc: Kakapoi New Zealand
A few CDs of Christy Moore will do for me.

#39050 - 22/07/06 12:09 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Mary L Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U...
Dunno about general-purpose shivers of delight, but my repertoire includes:

1) Music to calm me on a precipitous edge: if this will (as it seems) possibly be the last thing I hear on this earth, I run Bach's _Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor_ along the inner ear. Has worked so far.

2) Music to cheer me up while bog-slogging: a loud, off-key personal rendition of "The Swamps of Home," Princess Winnifred's paean to her homeland, from _Once Upon A Mattress_. Friends, there are *many* reasons to hike alone.

3) Favorite music to conduct anywhere, include air-conducting: _Messiah_. In spite of reputed herd instinct, sheep do not make a good ensemble. Must remember to feed flock.

4) Music which, when first heard on a recording, made me walk into walls for three days: Lili Boulanger, _De profundis_. Must avoid on hikes.

5) Music to get me out of a bad mood when hungry: just about anything recorded by the Tallis Singers; or from _Songs of Yale_ or the other oldie college octet songs: "Hector the Garbage Collector," "When it's Ostrich-Pickin' Time in Africa (I'll Feather a Nest for You)", etc., etc., and a *really* stupid jingle my husband sings to the tune of "She'll be comin' round the mountain":

"She has freckles on her, But
she is nice."

Well, you did ask.

Mary L

#39051 - 22/07/06 07:45 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
argonaut Offline

Loc: peterborough. uk
A very diverse selection of musical tastes, i doubt if most of you have even heard of half of them. Its amazing what you can come up with when you search the NET.
Give me "Old McDonald had a farm" everytime.

Argo....(eeh hi, eeh hi, ho).

#39052 - 22/07/06 11:34 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

Loc: Cumbria
Ahhh Mary.......my kind of gal.

My rendezvous with St.Peter is hopefully synchronised with measure 56 of the chorus
"O Mensch, bewein’ dein’ Sünde groß" from the Matthew Passion.

Arggghhhhh-go....you Sultan Of Swing,you Maven of Mundanity........if you care to furnish me with a postal address,I'd be happy to send you a delightful selection of musical pleasure that will save you hours of trawling the net.

Doktor Biba

#39053 - 22/07/06 11:40 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

Ahhh Mary.......my kind of gal.

My rendezvous with St.Peter is hopefully synchronised with measure 56 of the chorus
"O Mensch, bewein’ dein’ Sünde groß" from the Matthew Passion.

Arggghhhhh-go....you Sultan Of Swing,you Maven of Mundanity........if you care to furnish me with a postal address,I'd be happy to send you a delightful selection of musical pleasure that will save you hours of trawling the net.

Doktor Biba

#39054 - 24/07/06 09:28 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
argonaut Offline

Loc: peterborough. uk
aarh Dr BB, I new you wouldnt be far away, your always on the look-out to oppose my posts and try to gain yourself some brownie points in the process.
I dont take too kindly to your comment, so i will return it. The "Maven of mundanity"(self appointed windbag)is a very good description of yourself.
All this egotistical rubbish you keep spoutiing in your little cyber world, just gets a bit too excessive, and very very boring.

I think several posters on here have got you right, You like to portray yourself as a nice person, a jolly Good egg, when in fact your just an annoying litle fart.

You need to get away from your little Cyber World, into the "Real World" outside

I'm beginning to pity, and feel sorry for you.

Argo.

[This message has been edited by argonaut (edited 24 July 2006).]

#39055 - 24/07/06 10:04 AM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
is

#39056 - 24/07/06 01:05 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Dr.BingoBongo Offline

Arrghhhh-go.......you seem a little upset.

1. That was a genuine offer of sending you a selection of music that,hopefully,you would
enjoy.
Despite your lack of Grace the offer remains.

2.I can't work out how you equate "Self Appointed Windbag" (a very fair and accurate description,by the way) with "Maven Of Mundanity".
This has been an interesting and fun-filled thread. (Aside from Donegal,Ale and Fishing ,when was the last time you witnessed such a candid and revealing expression of love from Norman ???!!!)
In fact,the only negative input regarding personal musical taste has been from yourself. In light of this and your professed love of the Dire Straits song,I thought I'd wrap my kind offer in some gentle "flicking the towel in the locker room" alliteration.

3.Posters to this forum are indeed a perceptive bunch.
Visit the WEST HIGHLAND WAY archives circa late August 2005!

Goodness....here's another,posted 05 April 2006 22:20               
"Dr. BingoTango , You and i must meet some day and have a drink together, i bet we are completely different characters, from how we portray ourselves on this forum.
Nice talking to you.......Argo. "

4.My little Cyber World is your little Cyber World.
If you think I should get out more then witness
these simple mathematics,drawn from the available Profile Data .
I average a post every 3.02 days.
Your average is every 1.91 days....!!!
Care to join me on a sashay to the Real World,Pat?

If you wish to accept my gift let me know.

Ivan Bingo Bongo.....
Nice Person
Jolly Good Egg
Self Appointed Windbag
Annoying "litle" Fart

#39057 - 24/07/06 02:09 PM Re: Vote Vote Vote....5
Sam Peps Offline

Actually Argonaut, I have changed my opinion of the artist formerly known as Dr PBB!

Despite her continuing insinuations that I am at one with NW, in the teeth of my denials, I have grown to appreciate her (I hope this gender info was true!) brand of humour and generally well rounded sense of fun.

In fact, I can honestly say, that I would doff my Tilley and grin affectionately, if our paths crossed. The Peps seal of approval has been given.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917