The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39131 - 14/08/06 08:12 PM Re: Walking in the nude...
Nimrod Offline

Loc: Billingham,Cleveland
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Sailor:
Good grief there's some serious people in this thread. Lighten up everyone - it's just a bloke without his kit on. And he's even been kind enough to keep his wedding tackle hidden away.

[img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/confused.gif[/img]

#39132 - 13/06/07 07:26 PM Re: Walking in the nude...
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
Quote:
Originally posted by sea shore sam:
Yes a bit too much back to nature, its not the stone age. It is a disgusting site to see. I always found that itís the middle aged men and upwards 40+ who tend to prance around naked on the coast. They seem to get some type of sexual thrill/buzz. These animals don't consider any part of the human race but themselves. They could also be bitten by bugs and insects also, that would teach them!!! If I catch any nudes on my travels I will chop off their bits, especially the males!!! Watch out Naturalists!!

s s s. Well not everybody is blessed with a body like yours to show show off.

#48118 - 06/07/09 08:45 AM Re: Walking in the nude... [Re: Kate's Dad]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Originally Posted By: Kate's Dad
Me and my mate saw a woman walking in the nude once. He had a stroke. I couldn't reach!

Joking aside, I suffered a stroke last Monday, couldn't stand or walk ( and that's without going to the pub ) and was eventually rushed to the Acute Stroke Unit fifteen miles away. I'm making a good recovery and have no difficulty walking a mile or so unaided now, but it should serve as a reminder that none of us are getting any younger
and that we shouldn't delay doing those long distance walks until it's too late.

#48120 - 06/07/09 08:54 AM Re: Walking in the nude... [Re: Lounge Lizard]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
Welcome back LL. What you say is quite frightening, especially when you do so much walking. But maybe it was because you were constantly rushing to keep up delivery timing without taking proper rest or meal breaks.

#48123 - 06/07/09 09:18 AM Re: Walking in the nude... [Re: Oldun]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Originally Posted By: Oldun
Welcome back LL. What you say is quite frightening, especially when you do so much walking. But maybe it was because you were constantly rushing to keep up delivery timing without taking proper rest or meal breaks.

Oldun, Thanks, and I'm sure you're right there. On the day I was taken ill (a) it was one of the hottest days of the year and (b) with having a dislocated shouler the pevious weekend then working my 'day off' I had not had anything like a break for a fortnight. Furthermore, the brain scan showed scaring that indicated a previous stroke some time ago which must have been a day about five years ago when I was ill but didn't have medical treatment, a day (a) that was very hot when (b) I got in a bit of a panic with friends waiting for a delayed train not knowing whether we would catch a connection, etc. The lessons then might be to be careful in hot weather and to rest, and not get too stressed

#48125 - 06/07/09 11:42 AM Re: Walking in the nude... [Re: Lounge Lizard]
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
Originally Posted By: Lounge Lizard
Me and my mate saw a woman walking in the nude once. He had a stroke. I couldn't reach!

Joking aside, I suffered a stroke last Monday, couldn't stand or walk ( and that's without going to the pub ) and was eventually rushed to the Acute Stroke Unit fifteen miles away. I'm making a good recovery and have no difficulty walking a mile or so unaided now, but it should serve as a reminder that none of us are getting any younger
and that we shouldn't delay doing those long distance walks until it's too late.

L.L.
was so sorry to hear that you had a stroke.
all i can say is " I hope you make a full and quick recovery''
take it gently ,but keep going
Regards
ern

#48155 - 07/07/09 09:28 AM Re: Walking in the nude... [Re: tim smith]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Originally Posted By: tim smith
Originally Posted By: Lounge Lizard

L.L.
was so sorry to hear that you had a stroke.
all i can say is " I hope you make a full and quick recovery''
take it gently ,but keep going
Regards
ern

Tim. Thanks for your kind comments.
Any you know what they say about 'every cloud' - signed off sick for four weeks I just might be able to become a regular poster on here instead of the occasional one I've been for the past three years.

#48312 - 10/07/09 01:07 PM Re: Walking in the nude... [Re: Lounge Lizard]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
LL. Do you only get 4 weeks off after a stroke?

#48315 - 10/07/09 03:47 PM Re: Walking in the nude... [Re: Oldun]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Originally Posted By: Oldun
LL. Do you only get 4 weeks off after a stroke?

I think it depends how severe the stroke is, and mine thankfully can't be described as one of the most severe.
It was devastating on the Monday evening, being unable to walk or talk, but I had improved the next day and felt a lot better on by the Wednesday.
I'm getting about more now ( in town this lunchtime then the Wetherspoons briefly and the Post Office on the way walking home ) and have every intention of being back at work at the beginning of next month but being quite a strenuous job and unsure what progress I can continue to make I can't yet be too sure about when I will return.

#48316 - 10/07/09 05:05 PM Re: Walking in the nude... [Re: Lounge Lizard]
Dr.BongoBingo Offline

Dear Mr. Loungel I. Zard

Sounds like you are making good progress.
Take things easy and continue your path to good health.

All the best.
Dr. BB xx

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917