The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3902 - 12/01/04 05:11 PM May. first week
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there for anyone doing WHW in May I am organising this walk for my wife and her father. I wont be doing the walking. Instead me and my son who is a young Downs Syndrome adult along with our demented Yorkie will provide the camping, cooking and general logistics backup. We will use the few camping sites on route and meet the walkers and any of yourselves at various stages with sustenance.

#3903 - 07/02/04 01:35 AM Re: May. first week
Bill Hemphill Offline

Loc: Glasgow
Hi Peter!
I've been just about housebound for the last two years but hope to get myself into some sort of reasonable fitness to do the WHW this year...probably about May..ish.
I would love to meet you and swap wildfouling yarns (yes like yourself my feelings about shooting have changed somewhat LOL) but would need to learn when exactly in May you are planning for?
Cheers,
Bill.

#3904 - 07/02/04 02:03 AM Re: May. first week
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even if I'm not quite fit enough in the first week of May....I could drive out and have a natter with you if I knew which days you were where?
You must be really disappointed you are not hiking yourself...but maybe some of my out and about in Scotland yarns will bring a smile to your face LOL

#3905 - 07/02/04 04:24 AM Re: May. first week
walkingwoman Offline

Loc: NY
Hi Peter! I am really sorry I am starting on May 19th. What wouldn't I give to have somebody in the path who may have the potential to offer me a snack! Cheers!

#3906 - 07/02/04 11:18 AM Re: May. first week
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi folks well as I live just down the road from the WHW I can easily meet up with anyone for a stretch of the walk. I often do this for leaders who are not familiar with the walk. Tomorrow I am out again with my wife and her wee dad to let them walk from Drymen to as far as the dat allows. It might be the Oak Tree Inn at Balmaha or if they are real keen tp push on to Rowardennan.

#3907 - 29/02/04 09:03 PM Re: May. first week
Anonymous
Unregistered

It looks as though we will be on WHW starting the last week in May and running into June. We will be out this weekend on the Sunday. The missus is doing the Balmaha to Rowardennan stretch. So we hope this great weather stays. It has been quite cold but very sunny with blue skys for days now. We are still planning to get a group up Ben Nevis at the end.

#3908 - 02/03/04 01:24 AM Re: May. first week
walkingwoman Offline

Loc: NY
Hello Peter! What type of temperatures one would expect at the end of May?It seems like we may meet after all. If you email me I will email you back my intinerary. May be we can connect. Cheers! Walkingmujer@yahoo.com

#3909 - 02/03/04 05:43 PM Re: May. first week
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hopefully by the end of May temperatures will be nice but it's not the first time I have been wrong. However May if good can be the best time. Foliage is not too dense to hide views also the midges are not quite in full flight. Visibility can be very clear. On good May days you can see from the big hills a hundred miles in all directions. So we will look out for you cheers PK

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917