The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2891
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35982 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406115 - 10/11/13 10:42 PM Re: Spine 2014. [Re: Slogger]
lightweightmick Online   confused

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Originally Posted By: Slogger

450 for a 7 day event is good vfm, they charge as much and more for a one day Ironman.

Dave, I'm thankful I don't know who 'they' are - in some circles these are referred to as 'Yuppie' events...

#406116 - 11/11/13 02:08 PM Re: Spine 2014. [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Online   content

Loc: West Lancs.
Ha,ha, the guys and ladies I know that take part in Ironmans, certainly aint 'Yuppie's', but FIT they are!
Dave.

#406121 - 13/11/13 09:49 PM Re: Spine 2014. [Re: Slogger]
lightweightmick Online   confused

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Yuppie events Dave... not events for Yuppies

#406122 - 14/11/13 04:49 PM Re: Spine 2014. [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Online   content

Oh, right, whatever that means. Perhaps it is referring to the early development of the 'Triathlon'.
Around 30 odd years ago, when the event, in this country, anyway was in its infancy, compared to today. A young very fit and fast guy at our running club, was also an excellent triathlete. He was good enough for an international vest.
His big problem and what prevented that from happening, (according to him) was that he didn't live in the South of England.
How things have changed!
Dave.

#406135 - 28/11/13 04:47 PM Re: Spine 2014. [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Online   content

Struggling with my heel pain for arpund 6 months now. Seen Physio and Podiatrist but getting nowhere, so booked in at GP's next week.
Getting very close to Spine now. tried just about everything but it's becoming worse all the time. Various supportive footbeds, inc one prescription one which if anything made things worst. Strapping, Sorbothane, different shoes which have helped some.
Did a 24 miler last weekend and could hardly bear weight on my foot first thing next morning, until it eased. Basically ti's there most of the time, nothing acute, no sharp pain just an irritating bruise like feel, right in the underneath centre of my heel. Worse after activity rather than during, but apprehensive about how it will be day after day during the Spine. I'm just hoping Ive not got a heel spur, even so I know these things take time to recover.
I am fairly certain this was caused by purchasing a cheap pair of walking shoes for my work. I never spend a lot on works shoes as I get through so many, but I took a chance on these thinking they should be ok, then ignored the increasing discomfort for about a month, until I couldn't ignore it any longer. However not realising it was down to the shoes, I placed various footbeds inside the same shoes, so got nowhere. Changed to more supportive shoes and things are better but not resolved.
No chance to rest up as it's the busy time of year of me.
Frustrating it is!
Dave.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917