The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1696
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36020 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406096 - 04/11/13 09:11 PM Re: Osmotherly Car Parking? [Re: Slogger]
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Ha ha - I didn't want to say 'near where you got lost in the dark Dave', though can see how easy that would be in the dark - was it the stile near the 2 old landrovers..? That stile in the barbed wire fence there would be so easy to miss...
Lol, we could write a book about getting lost in the dark...
I must have looked a sorry sight hobbling through Stockdale with a broken branch for a crutch... ah dear...

#406098 - 04/11/13 11:50 PM Re: Osmotherly Car Parking? [Re: lightweightmick]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
I missed the stile in the fence almost oppositte where you cross the farm track. I went further along the track to the trees and followed the wall/fence left and eventually into the trees, before clambering over the wall. That must have put me in the right field, I think but too far right. Then met another wall, followed that to a little Copse - no way through, so back along that wall trying to find a way through. Came to the back of the farm, so up the field again, back to the Copse. Over a gate there into another field, but lights from a lonely bungalow. Didn't want them seeing my headtorch, so went into another field. many stops to look at useless map and a GPS that had lost battery power.
Then finally realised that the route came out onto the road to Marrick which went West to East, so took a Northern bearing on the compass - came to another wall. Eeny, meanie, Miny mow, which way do we go? Went left, it curved round and lo and behold met the road. Clambered over and Eurika!
Of course shortly after that I took a wrong turning to the right, missing the left turn at the junction, with the BIG C2C sign! Finally arrived in Richmond around midnight.
A bit of a cock up evening you might say.
Dave.

Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917