The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406117 - 11/11/13 03:58 PM How do they do it!!!!!
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Nothing to do with walking, just venting my frustration here!
Filling up my van at the service station today, I spotted a guy and his wife that I used to be neighbors with.
Ive not seen them for year or so, but last time I did they invited us round to theirs, 'anytime'.
Well there was never going to be 'anytime', as I can't stand the sight of them, in fact when I do see them, I feel almost physically sick.
We got on quite well when we were neighbors, but after My business had been going 5 years we got our own place and moved house.
It's a long story, but basically they had been fiddling the benefit system for years, because they were 'entitled'
After fleeing the country twice to escape their debts, getting caught twice working whilst on benefit. Not worked except casually for the last 35 years and not at all for the last 20. They now live in a charity owned house and pay 5.. a month in rent, but that is more than covered by the monthly grant that every resident receives.
They drive a new large car, under the governments 'mobility' scheme after successfully suing a local hospital, following knee surgery. (just an act, nothing wrong with his knee)
Not paid a penny in tax since leaving the army 35 years ago.
How do they do it???
This guy is 63 years now, and although I can't stand the sight of him, Ive got to hand it to him, he's no shame in having worked the system and won, he's proved that it really does not pay to work hard and pay taxes, when one can get away with being bone idle, and cheat and lie your way through life.
Dave.

#406119 - 11/11/13 10:15 PM Re: How do they do it!!!!! [Re: Slogger]
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
get it off yer chest mate - it's a case of 'learn the jargon..' I'm afraid.
My missus has got a new contract (same job) - she will have to work 5 hrs more a week but has to accept a pay cut of 800 a year - she either signs or looks for another job - it stinks...

#406120 - 12/11/13 01:48 PM Re: How do they do it!!!!! [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
My missus had to take early retirement on health grounds. She had exhausted her statutory sick pay from work, so automatically went on incapacity benefit. However shortly after finishing work, she had to go before the board. She wouldn't in-dignify herself with bulls--t and simply told the truth.
They scored her 1 point for her nerve damaged wrist, and zero for her Epilepsy, as it medically controlled.
They clearly have no understanding of the side affects of the medication, or the conditions severe debilitating effect in almost every aspect of life in particular the working environment. If course as expected she was turned down. She could have appealed but was unwilling to Cow Tow, so I just said boll--ks to them we'll manage without them.
This guy and his wifes very existence relies on us the hard working taxpayers and swanning around in their very nice car, that we are all paying for, is just taking the p--s!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
Dave.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917