The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1691
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36009 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406376 - 14/05/14 05:05 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
Les + Heidi Offline

Loc: hertfordshire
Good luck Dave, at least you know whats the problem is now.
Is the injection fast acting so you can get back to walking quite soon afterwards ?

#406377 - 14/05/14 07:30 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Les + Heidi]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Originally Posted By: Les + Heidi
Good luck Dave, at least you know whats the problem is now.
Is the injection fast acting so you can get back to walking quite soon afterwards ?

Thanks Les. Well in answer to your question - I hope so, however Ive just heard from a guy who had the same, and it took him 18 months post injection to recover fully. That tells me that the injection didn't work in his case, and he most likely just went through the 2 year self limiting period. That makes me wonder whether the injection is worth it, or to simply wait the remainder of the 2 year.
Dave.

#406378 - 16/05/14 07:37 AM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
tim smith Offline

Loc: england

Dave,
I do hope the injection works,
for someone like you I know it will be hard not to be out and active.
by the way I have stopped the cider vinegar and having the glass of hot water with honey mornings and a glass of cider at lunch.
still seems to be working.
will hope for the best for you

#406416 - 15/06/14 10:07 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Driving back from our 10 day tour of Wales (in the car) today and my whole foot in bad pain whilst on the pedal, most of the way.
Now awaiting my orthotics and a foot splint, but to be honest I have no confidence that they will make any difference and so I am going to try this week, working every day without the addition of heel cups or the orthotics i already have.
I have a review in 3 months time and if no better will be given a course of Shock Wave.
However I am itching to have a go at another LDP and may well just go and have a do.
Dave.

#406422 - 22/06/14 05:01 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Still no sign of orthotics etc. Needing to get something done but with no distance walking confidence, I have placed an order for a new mountain bike, so hoping to get out and do some multi day stuff carrying tent etc, on that. Looking at C2C that follows the walking route as far as possible (which is no where near at times) or the Pennine Bridleway. Here's hoping!
Dave.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917