The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1696
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36020 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406358 - 06/05/14 05:30 PM Plantar Fasciitis!?
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Well that's the diagnosis from the orthopedic dept at our local hospital today. My right heel that Ive been suffering pain with for the last 11 months. The last two months in particular it's become really agonising at times, with some permanent pain. I had a feeling they would come up with PF. Ive had it before many years ago but this feels different. Anyway that's what they reckon, apparently it's self limiting over a two year period, but will probably repeat. They gave me the usual excerise list, and I have an appointment to have some new orthotics made, plus one for an ultra sound scan. I also came away with a pair of gel heel cups.
I went for a 22.5 mile fast walk yesterday, to try and bring out the full extent of what I have been experiencing lately in preparation for this appointment today. Well it worked, yesterday. bad pain started to develop at just 3 miles, by 10 miles I was in agony and although i tried to maintain normal gait, my outer foot edge became really painful. I was obviously transferring weight there, then the back of my heel started. By the time I thankfully got back to my car my foot was a mess. I had to take some Naproxen and had a very uncomfortable night.
Then this morning and at the hospital, typically, the pain was less than it been for weeks.
Hoping now that all this works, however for now, my long distance or any real distance walking is on hold. In the meantime, trying to remain sane!
Dave.

#406359 - 06/05/14 08:19 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
Les + Heidi Offline

Loc: hertfordshire
Dave
I feel your pain, it must be so frustrating.
PF seems to be the default answer to any foot pain doesnt it.
Maybe the ultra sound will show something ? Fingers crossed you can get to the bottom of it (and stay sane !!)
Les

#406360 - 06/05/14 10:11 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Cheers Les.
Dave.

#406369 - 09/05/14 01:07 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
Dave ,
I Take it you will have Googled cure for Planar Fascilitis"

I had it over 40 years ago , The Doctor said it was caused with wearing man made material not natural leather.
Had an injection and nearly hit the roof, but it cured it.

#406370 - 09/05/14 07:52 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Hi Ern,
Hope you are well.
Ive googled it, yes, bit of a mine field, watched videos on massage, taping and of course all the orthotics available.
The person I saw at the hospital, mentioned that an injection was possible but want to see if it calms down with exercise and orthotics first.
Dave.

#406371 - 10/05/14 03:12 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
tim smith Offline

Hi Dave,
I hope you get well soon.
I cannot believe I am in my 89th" year and still feeling as fit as I was years ago, had stiff knee about a year ago, but a blacksmith told me to have "2 teaspoons full of honey, 2teaspoonfulls of Apple cider vinegar in half a glass of warm water topped up with cold water, 3times a day"
I did this and when the stiffness went I cut it down to once a day,
Also A doctor told me that a tot of whiskey every day would do me more good than any medicine he could give me, he would not give me a prescription for it though.
Still do 5 hours a week exercise,
not getting any walking in as I do not like leaving Dorothy(in her 91st" year") too long on her own

#406372 - 10/05/14 03:13 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
tim smith Offline

The remedy, not the knee

#406373 - 10/05/14 04:29 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Blimey Ern, I hope I'm feeling as good as you on 21 years time when I reach your present age. I heard of Cider Vinegar being good for Rheumatics and the like, Whiskey - Ive never liked the stuff. It makes me shudder if I have a sip, Bacardi on the other hand does me a world of good!
Dave.

#406374 - 10/05/14 06:13 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
tim smith Offline

Originally Posted By: Slogger
Blimey Ern, I hope I'm feeling as good as you on 21 years time when I reach your present age.

What you are achieving recently at 68years of age I am sure you will be as fit as me when you get to my age
ern

I heard of Cider Vinegar being good for Rheumatics and the like, Whiskey - Ive never liked the stuff. It makes me shudder if I have a sip, Bacardi on the other hand does me a world of good!
Dave.

#406375 - 14/05/14 12:46 PM Re: Plantar Fasciitis!? [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Had my Ultra Sound Scan today. Positive PF diagnosis. Clearly showed signs of inflammation and resulting thickening of tissue. From what the doc said, it looks like i will be referred back to him for an injection, which should sort it out (hopefully). So as you said Ern.
Dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917