The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406646 - 23/10/14 09:37 PM Re: off we go again. [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Oh, I don't know now. If you look at my earlier post Les, I said they felt harder to me not softer. Mind you my feet are not much to go by these days. I'm going on a walk with another Spine guy tomorrow night from Standedge to the White House and back, but I'm going to get some miles in first the other way, maybe as far as Black Hill and back to Standedge to meet up. That will give me a better idea on them.
Dave.

#406647 - 24/10/14 03:57 PM Re: off we go again. [Re: Slogger]
Les + Heidi Offline

Loc: hertfordshire
TGO have just run a review of Innov-8 new 'race ultra' that Chris Townsend thinks will make a great back packing shoe.
Hopefully this link may work !!

http://tgomagazine.co.uk/gearreview/new-first-look-review-inov-8-race-ultra-290-shoes

#406648 - 25/10/14 02:59 PM Re: off we go again. [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

They could be worth investigating.
I did the walk last night. I arrived at the rv later than planned so only had time to walk to Black Moss reservoir and back before the 15 mile round trip to White House. The guy I went with is an ex Fell runner too but 14 years younger than myself. We set a really good pace in the dark and were there and back inside of 5 hours carrying the full Spine kit.
Here's the dilemma with my new Hedghogs, Got to the White House with no ill effects. We had a brief stop of around 10 minutes. As soon as we set off on our way back, my left foot PF flared up again with my heel quite sore. It progressively became worse with the shoe feeling very hard underfoot (Sorbothane Double Strike insoles in place). After a couple of miles my outer foot became painful, as had happened on numerous occasions before. Usually follows the heel pain. Also as usual this outer foot pain became more of a problem than the heel pain. I could only ignore the discomfort and carry on at the good pace we were setting. Back at the car, it was really bad as it was this morning, but has now eased off some.
My right foot however was comfy the whole time, so I can only put my problems with the shoes down to my continuing PF.
The other guy was wearing his new Hoka mid boots and says he is really impressed by them and he will using them during his Spine Challenger.
Dave.

#406649 - 25/10/14 03:01 PM Re: off we go again. [Re: Slogger]
Slogger Offline

Got my rights and left in the wrong order. My right foot is the one with PF.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917