The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35984 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406811 - 05/04/15 10:25 PM Latte anyone?!!!
Geo Offline

Loc: Oamaru, New Zealand
Here's a job to keep you guys in shape...
Wales coastal path barrista

Shouldn't be a problem with fresh water supply, though maybe too much of it if Wales lives up to its rep!
Slogger, you could beef it up a bit and include the Coast to Coast too!
(At April 2, the date looks suspiciously near April 1... but one never knows... wink )

George

#406812 - 07/04/15 07:35 PM Re: Latte anyone?!!! [Re: Geo]
Slogger Online   content

Loc: West Lancs.
Not 'that' keen on coffee George.
Dave.

#406814 - 12/04/15 11:41 PM Re: Latte anyone?!!! [Re: Geo]
lightweightmick Online   confused

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Ha ha, thought I'd best let Dave reply to this one first...

Now while I likes me coffee - even if they would consider someone nearing retirement - North Wales (apart from outside my own house!) is the only place I've been robbed... after spending hours in the police station in Prestatyn to make a statement (for some reason, we weren't allowed in as a family... so I went in with our son while my missus had to sit in the car with our daughter) I vowed never to return...
So after 6 months when the police rang me to say they'd caught the scroats that broke into the van - one of whom had taunted me with his carrier bag full of 'loot' from across the road - I declined to attend the ID parade, which would have been at my own expense...
To be fair they've probably improved the situation these days as I'm going back to the late 90's, though you could have your coffee nicked on a regular basis lol

#406815 - 12/04/15 11:58 PM Re: Latte anyone?!!! [Re: lightweightmick]
Geo Offline

Loc: Oamaru, New Zealand
Mick, could be an extra opening there then for someone to 'ride shotgun' on the coffee cart!
(just had a vision of Dave peddaling like hell over the Welsh hills while you're blasting away from the pillion seat at a band of marauding Prestatyners!) smile

Cheers, Geo.

#406817 - 13/04/15 12:22 AM Re: Latte anyone?!!! [Re: Geo]

Ha ha, I think you could get a novel out of this...

#406818 - 13/04/15 12:49 AM Re: Latte anyone?!!! [Re: lightweightmick]

Checked out the inspiration for my own novel this week (can't say where as it's a 'quest' to find it lol) - it's still there after 45 years! I've had just the one reader almost crack it so far though he missed the vital clue... smile

#406820 - 13/04/15 04:09 PM Re: Latte anyone?!!! [Re: Geo]
Slogger Online   content

Loc: West Lancs.
Originally Posted By: Geo
Mick, could be an extra opening there then for someone to 'ride shotgun' on the coffee cart!
(just had a vision of Dave peddaling like hell over the Welsh hills while you're blasting away from the pillion seat at a band of marauding Prestatyners!) smile

Cheers, Geo.

Not a chance, Mick would have to do the peddaling! The last time I peddled a cart was a couple of years ago in Hamburg during a stag do. I was at the front next to the driver on a Beer Bike with about 12 seats, 6 on each side facing each other with the bar in between. It was sub zero in January and the bottles of beer were frozen. I ended up with hypothermia, being at the front. Got to say though that it was indeed an excellent mug of hot coffee that brought me round.
Dave.

#406822 - 14/04/15 10:23 AM Re: Latte anyone?!!! [Re: Slogger]

I've no experience of peddling carts lol, and, as such, would be quite unsuitable for the position

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917