The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1679
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35943 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407189 - 02/08/16 12:28 PM National Park Extensions
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Now the Yorkshire Dales NP extends as far as the M6 - including Mallerstang, Pendragon and the Lune Valley - my own route goes straight from Dales to Lake District (except for a narrow band at Tebay and the M6) as the LDNP has also been extended E to include Borrowdale (the lesser) - whether this will make any practical difference on the ground remains to be seen, but a few more users on some of those paths would be useful and we may get a final decision on the Cocklake bridleway dispute (where once again this year I kept to the road to avoid embarrassment...)

YDNP extension overview map

LDNP eastern extension map

#407190 - 02/08/16 05:27 PM Re: National Park Extensions [Re: lightweightmick]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
I can't see it making that much difference Mick, except perhaps making people more aware of certain former outlying areas. The ROW's remain the same as does the open access.
I wonder if this will mean a rise in property valuations, as they have always been higher inside the national parks, or maybe those within the former boundary will experience a slight drop in value to even things out.
Dave.

#407195 - 02/08/16 07:16 PM Re: National Park Extensions [Re: Slogger]
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
The RoW's come under the jurisdiction of the relevant park authority, out of the control of the local highways dept's, but I doubt they'll have any more funding capacity for maintenance and repair and we'll probably not see any difference on the ground. NPA's don't seem to have any more 'clout' on disputed RoW's either if the Middle Boonwood case is anything to go on...

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917