Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2630
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1462
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8252 Members
17 Forums
3337 Topics
34924 Posts

Max Online: 234 @ 03/05/12 11:34 AM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41207 - 14/02/05 12:59 PM St Cuthbert's Way
EmmaJane Offline

Loc: UK
Has anyone done St Cuthbert's Way this time of year? I'd like to walk it over Easter, but I'm wondering if I'm being too optimistic about the weather!

#41208 - 15/02/05 04:21 PM Re: St Cuthbert's Way
FootSore Offline

Loc: UK
Emma,

Haven't walked St Cuthberts Way at that time of year but did walk it in June, the weather was atrocious.

I am walking Hadrians Wall at that time of year, this year, and have done plenty of stuff around that area at that time of year.

The weather could be great, the weather could be awful - there would be the potential for snow but you would be pretty unlucky to get snow lying on the ground.

The walk is wonderful and lot of it is not that high so should be OK. From memory the only strech where navigation would be worrisome would be the stretch before Wooler. Assuming you can handle a map and compass to a reasonable level, which way is north etc.

I would certainly consider it at this time of year if that is any help. It is short so if the weather is really bad you won't have to put up with it for too long. And you can often get better weather than in the summer.

FootSore

• C2C
  • Pennine Way
  • West Highalnd Way
  • South Downs Way
  • St Cuthberts Way
  • North Downs Way
  • Cleveland Way
  • Offa's Dyke Path
  • Hadrian's Wall
  • Dales Way
  • Cumbrian Way

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

Copyright The Sherpa Van Project, 29 The Green, Richmond, North Yorkshire DL10 4RG. Tel 0871 5200124 Fax (44) 01748 825561