The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36021 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41264 - 15/03/05 08:42 PM Pollard Cafe
Paul Haynes Offline

Loc: Rotherham
35 years ago we did the lyke wake walk. This weekend I went back to Ravenscar and I promised my wife a cup of coffee in the Pollard Café where I signed the book and finished the walk. Not only was it not there I could not remember where it was sited. Nor could I find the Ravenscar Hotel which I am virtually sure was an entity or is it all in my imagination? Whatever became of these two locations? Does anyone know the grid reference of the site of the Pollard Café. What happened to the book that we signed.

I would be very grateful for someone’s help.

Paul Haynes

#41265 - 16/03/05 01:22 PM Re: Pollard Cafe
Spud Offline

Loc: Hull/Yorkshire/UK
hi paul - i'm not saying i'm correct here but think the Pollard Cafe was just on the right hand side before the bend taking you to Station Sq and the site of the old railway station. It is now a private house but my memory of over 30 years ago when i first did the LWW seems to point me in that direction.
How you missed the Ravenscar Hotel www.ravenhall.co.uk is a mystery to me! - believe me, it is still there - called in for tea/toast a few weeks ago before we walked from there to Robin Hoods Bay and back along the railway line.
You will have to go back and have another butchers! - cheers

#41266 - 30/03/05 10:03 PM Re: Pollard Cafe
rockwalker Offline

Loc: sheffield yorkshire, gods own...
hi paul just remind me of that cafe 'cos i cant for the life of me remember it, ravenscar hotel well thats a diffrent matter as I remember they had a wonderful bar,but thinking of it who needed a cafe when you had been to the chippy at ossy(osmotherly)on the previous night .
ps 1st LWW 1972 last did lww in 1982

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917