The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41383 - 06/06/05 12:43 PM St Cuthberts Way
Strenn1e Offline

Has anyone experienced this walk? I've just done a bit of it around Kirk Yetholm and it seemed to be a pretty good walk. Any views on the whole walk would be appreciated, I can then sell it tot he missus as good holliday potential.

#41384 - 07/06/05 09:14 AM Re: St Cuthberts Way
Hengirl Offline

Loc: Norway
We (me, my husband, sister and brother)walked St. C's last September. A great walk, we all loved it. Walking across the sands to Lindesfarne was a wonderful ending to a lovely walk. We took it really easy, seven days walking. Beautiful countryside, very few people, good weather and great accommodation in b and bs along the way. The history and stories connected to St. Cuthbert along the way made it extra interesting. I really can recommend it. It would be difficult to better this walk in my opinion.
If you need any more info just ask.
Jo

#41385 - 16/06/05 04:13 AM Re: St Cuthberts Way
mtns95 Offline

Loc: Fairfax, VA, USA
Jo,
How was the terrain on this walk? My husband read that it was very muddy. Not sure if this is because the writer had been walking in recent rains or if the terrain is always muddy. Can you comment, please?
We are hoping to do the walk in late July.
Nancy

#41386 - 16/06/05 07:30 PM Re: St Cuthberts Way
FootSore Offline

Loc: UK
Did the walk a number of years ago and thought it was a great walk. Quite short 4/5 days and short days at that but it leaves plenty of time for mucking about.

Whatever your mucking about is:
Shopping,Pubs, Churches, Ruins, Birds, Birds.., St. Cuthbert Stuff, Plants etc.

Scenery is good. It has few short climbs no huge ones. Generally a good walk.

I remember some mud around the end of the first day but that was it. Although the end of the walk had potential for mud in wetter weather.

Can highly recommend staying on the island at the end of the walk for a night.

FootSore

• C2C
  • Pennine Way
  • West Highalnd Way
  • South Downs Way
  • St Cuthberts Way
  • North Downs Way
  • Cleveland Way
  • Offa's Dyke Path
  • Hadrian's Wall
  • Dales Way
  • Cumbrian Way

#41387 - 28/06/05 06:51 AM Re: St Cuthberts Way
Arial Offline

Hengirl,

Can you recommend a book on the walk?

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917