The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41421 - 16/07/05 08:12 PM Alpine Pass Route
Taylor from Seattle Offline

We're doing the Alpine Pass Route in September. We go east to west and end close to Geneva. We have several extra days before heading home and haven't decided where we want to hang out before heading to the airport. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#41422 - 16/07/05 10:58 PM Re: Alpine Pass Route
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
During September the weather in the Lac Leman area should be nice. As I am sure that you will have had enough walking, why not get on a lake steamer and visit some of the towns and villages along the lake shore: Yvoire and Evian on the French side, and Morges, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux on the Swiss side. If you buy a 5 day travel pass at Geneva railway station, you get 2 days free travel on the steamers or trains, plus 3 days at half fare. You could get the train from Geneva to Montreux, then transfer on to the Golden Pass panoramic train that winds it's way through the mountains to Kandersteig. Wonderful sight seeing trip this one. Geneva is a big expensive city and you can find yourself being ripped off. You do not say whether you are camping or hoteling. Take a tour from Geneva of the wine region that stretches down the Swiss lake shore to and passed Montreux. You will just becoming into the harvest time. Sample some wines that are unique to Switzerland. I am sounding like a travel agent.

#41423 - 17/07/05 05:20 PM Re: Alpine Pass Route
Taylor from Seattle Offline

Thank you Oldun, you can be my travel agent any time. We're staying in hotels or mountain inns the entire walk, and having our luggage moved by Sherpa (train). Given the fact that we only have three days before flying home, I'd rather stay in a smaller town (than Geneva) and explore the surrounding area. Your suggestions sound just perfect, we'll look into this.

Thanks
Taylor

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917