The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36018 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41588 - 03/10/05 11:11 AM The Munros & The Corbetts
Redlesweb Offline

Loc: London & Glasgow
Hey people

I'm not sure how many contributors on this site are from Scotland, or keen visitors to Scotland, but it would be great to start up some threads on the Munros or Corbetts(albeit there are many to talk about) but it would be a great way to get tips on alternative paths; meet up with folk; good places to stay; timescales etc. The books are excellent but not quite the same as being able to have a good chat about them.

#41589 - 03/10/05 12:20 PM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
argonaut Offline

Loc: peterborough. uk
I would have thought the West Highland Way would have been the place to talk about MUNROES AND CORBETTS.

#41590 - 03/10/05 07:47 PM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
sparnel Offline

Loc: scotland
Where I live in Argyll there are many mountains over 3000ft within a few minutes drive/walk.
There's also many good low level walks. I'm always keen to go out for a day, especially in the Glencoe area. I can recommend the walk over the Devil's Staircase from Glen Coe (and/or Kings House Hotel) to Kinlochleven; Bridge of Orchy to Kings House; Lost Valley scramble to the Bidean Ridge. Should any one fancy any of these (or similar) I would be pleased to come along.
You may be interested to know that there was a snow covering on Ben Nevis last week.

#41591 - 08/10/05 02:44 PM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
Redlesweb Offline

Argonaut

Just because the west highland way and the munros are in Scotland does not put them in the same walk - seeing as there are 284 munros and the whw is only 95 miles - certainly not covering all 284 munros.

If this was the case then we should talk about all of the fells in the same section as the coast to coast - instead of 'other walks'.

Munro does not have an 'e' on the end either :-p

#41592 - 08/10/05 02:53 PM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
Redlesweb Offline

Sparnel - I love going walking in Glencoe - the buachaille range are terrific.

The Ullapool mountains are amazing - although very very long walks in. Bean Dearg; Cona Mheall and Meall nan Ceapraichean are my favourite to date - it's quite a walk at 24km and 1524m of ascent - but the main walking is done during the walk in.

I'm still yet to brave the Torridon Hills - although from what I hear I will fall in (hopefully not off) love with them.

Tomorrow I'm off to the Crianlarich hills and will hopefully do Beinn Chabhair - it's a nice walk and not too strenous - plus one of the smaller munros. If you are around give us a wave.

#41593 - 08/10/05 03:52 PM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
argonaut Offline

Loc: peterborough. uk
Red...

Just thought that people interested in munros and corbetts would be more likely to click onto WHW, seeing as they are in that area.

I stand corrected on the spelling. [img]http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by argonaut (edited 08 October 2005).]

#41594 - 09/10/05 10:14 PM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
Redlesweb Offline

That's okay - I'll forgive you.

Sorry - was just jumping on the defensive over the wee country. It doesn't feel so 'wee' when you are trying to bag all of these munros ;-)

#41595 - 10/10/05 08:09 AM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
Fellwanderer Offline

Loc: Durham
Munros, Corbetts or both?

Many more to go?

#41596 - 12/10/05 11:07 PM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
Redlesweb Offline

I haven't been counting corbetts - although I still climb them cause they are still such beautiful walks and sometimes much harder (take Ben Loyal in Sutherland).

I have many many more munros to go :-( But I hopefully have many many years left in me so no rush yet :-D

#41597 - 14/10/05 07:42 PM Re: The Munros & The Corbetts
Fellwanderer Offline

Loc: Durham
Not too many Munros to go [c30]. The original plan last year had been to finish this year but events got in the way and next year is out until July at the earliest.

Like you, I haven't kept a count of the Corbetts but I know I haven't done a great many. Just need to find the inclination to work through my diaries!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917