The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41863 - 07/03/06 08:00 AM Anglesey
Kite21 Offline

Loc: Chester, UK
I'm thinking of walking round Anglesey at Easter.

Has anyone done it?

What are the good points and pitfalls?

Grateful for any info.

Kite

#41864 - 07/03/06 11:05 AM Re: Anglesey
Kate's Dad Offline

Loc: Derbyshire
The Anglesey coastal path is quite new and I have not walked it. However I have walked several times on the island and found rights of way something of a lottery. If I was to tackle the coastal path I would need reassuring that all aspects of it would be walkable. Some farmers were less than helpful. Could the local Tourist Information Centre or Ramblers Association put you in touch with local Ramblers groups to hear their comments? Anglesey is a beautiful island.
You may also want to consider the Isle of Man. Wonderful coastal path of about 100 miles. Isle of Man Tourism would be able to sell you the guide book and maps. Good Luck!

#41865 - 18/03/06 08:05 PM Re: Anglesey
Kite21 Offline

Loc: Chester, UK
Walked the first leg today...from Holyhead to Trearddur Bay. It was wild and blustery at first but turned out to be a really beautiful day.

The waymarking is a bit eccentric and the guide book isn't totally accurate. But having said that, it was a spectacular walk along the cliff tops. Saw dolphins in the bay between South Stack and Ellin's Tower.

A thoroughly good day.

Kite

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917