The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42697 - 23/06/07 03:52 PM PEMBROKESHIRE COAST PATH
sturmason Offline

Loc: solihull, west midlands
I did the Pembroke Coast Path in early July 2002. Started from St Dogmaels and finished two weeks later at Amroth. Hardest stretch was the first between Poppit Sands and Newport(Trefdraeth),also the loveliest though. The longest we walked was over 20 miles between Fishguard and Trefin YH. Couldn't use Pwll Deri YH as it was closed on the day. Stayed at YHs, B&B, and a Backpackers Hostel in Fishguard. We had booked all our digs beforehand but there were vacancies at most places. There were parts of the walk though where B&B was sparse (mainly between Poppit Sands and St Davids). No courier servie and had to carry everything with us. Found as you did on the SWCP the continual climbs and descents were very tiring, but the views and wildlife superb.

#42698 - 23/06/07 04:44 PM Re: PEMBROKESHIRE COAST PATH
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
Quote:
Originally posted by sturmason:
I did the Pembroke Coast Path in early July 2002. Found as you did on the SWCP the continual climbs and descents were very tiring, but the views and wildlife superb.

I've heard the tiring climbs and descents on this one described as up and down more often than a pair of prostitute's knickers, although I couldn't confirm whether or not this is the case.

#42699 - 28/08/07 06:53 PM Re: PEMBROKESHIRE COAST PATH
Vexmore Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
What's a good time of year to do the Pembrokshire Coast walk ? Are there plenty of places to camp ? Looks like a very nice walk... Comments ? Suggestions ? Cheers

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917