The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36021 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42744 - 19/11/07 09:03 PM a north wales walk idea
revmary Offline

Loc: Norwich, Vermont, USA
I have an idea for a circular walk in North Wales, and would welcome comments or suggestions:
What if I started walking on Offa's Dyke path, north to south, then turned onto Glyndŵr's Way at Welshpool, then turned onto the Cambrian Way north to Conwy. I think it might take more or less 2 weeks.
Am I crazy? Would it be fun?

#42745 - 20/11/07 12:42 AM Re: a north wales walk idea
Gregg Offline

Loc: Cotati, CA, USA
Sounds nice Mary, but its not circular.
There are several ways to do a truly circular route. One is starting in Abergavenny on the Cambrian Way, join up with Glyndwr's Way near Machynlleth and either take the southern route to Knighton (my preference) or the northern route to Welshpool and hook up with Offa's Dyke south to Llanthony, then Beacon's Way back to Abergavenny. Of course, if Snowdonia is an objective, this won't do. But although I haven't walked it, the southern part of the Cambrian Way should be quite nice.
Oh, you could also start in Knighton or Welshpool and do the reverse of the above route.
Anyway, planning is always fun!

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917