The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2891
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35982 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43004 - 13/08/08 11:16 AM C2C cycle
griffski Offline

Great service by sherpavan - can't recommend highly enough -passed many cyclists struggling with panniers having to push bike up hartside as wind was unbalancing them too much - getting your bags transported between B&Bs is the way to do it ! also means you don't have to travel quite so light.

Watch out for Travelodge though (we booked newcastle central) as they do NOT accept bags - sherpavan worked an alternative for us (thanks!) so we were ok in the end but i recommend checking with each hotel/B&B by phone(if you don't book through sherpavan) that they are ok with baggage drop off/uplift (i faxed travelodge letting them know re baggage drop off and supplying contact details if any problem but they didn't respond). Of 5 B&Bs/hotels (booked mainly on basis of C2C web sites) travelodge was the only one that refused to take bags. They were excellent regarding bike storage though - locking our 2 bikes in a cupboard overnight - and did provide good value for money for a city centre hotel stay.

#43036 - 15/08/08 09:42 PM Re: C2C cycle [Re: griffski]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
Not questioning the quality of the service provided by Sherpa, but, always travelling light with little more than a few clean clothes, I have never seen any need to have bags transported.
I've never considered staying at a Travelodge from what I've heard about them. Last time I stayed in Newcastle, seven years ago, there was nothing wrong with the Youth Hostel and it was good value too at 11 a night.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917